Automatically Create Records in related Tables from Point Feature Class

03-12-2015 11:34 AM
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I have a point feature with a single field used as the the attribute key for relationship classes to other tables.  I am looking to automatically create a row into the related tables with the key field populated from the point creation.  Any ideas how to auto populate the tables with that key?

Below is a screenshot of the inside of database.

Thank you!

Paul McBride

0 Kudos
21 Replies
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III

That worked!  Thanks again for all the work to help me.  I am getting ready to back surgery in the next few weeks so my schedule is getting crazy.  I will keep you posted as to my progress with the tool and how it works for the end user in the office.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
KevinMacLeodCAI
Occasional Contributor II

This would be a very good thing to build into ArcGIS (AGOL, Pro, Desktop).  It would make sense in fact to be a default behavior. @KellyGerrow 

Feature Enhancements:

1. Allow automatic creation of a related record when a new origin feature is created.  Allow this in AGOL. 

2.  Allow creation of relationships in AGOL. 

3.  Allow for modification of Relationship properties after creation (Desktop/AGOL) (It appears possible via JSON but allowing via GUI would be good)

4. Allow adding related records in AGOL (current workaround is using Collector or WAB Editor Widget; add full support)