Attempting to edit a new feature class.

Jump to solution
02-19-2015 07:56 AM
ZacharyGraves
New Contributor

I'm working on a map that requires me to draw three feature classes that didn't previously exist.  They are With_ROW, Without_ROW, and Waiver.  Two of these three feature classes display in the edit menu (With_ROW and Without_ROW).  All of these feature classes were created exactly alike; they are all line data with the same coordinate system.  Any ideas as to why I can't edit the Waiver feature class?  Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In the Create Features dialog, click on the Organize Templates button at the top left:

screen1.png

Under 'Layers' click on the layer that is not appearing and click 'New Template' at the top:

screen2.png

Check the layer and click Finish:

screen3.png

The layer should then be added to the Create Features window:

screen1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Zachary,

Do all of the feature classes reside within the same geodatabase?  Also, what type of geodatabase are you using? (i.e. File, Personal, or SDE)?

0 Kudos
ZacharyGraves
New Contributor

Hello.  All of the feature classes are in the same geodatabase.  I believe I used File Geodatabase.

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Antother question for clarification - are the three items you mention (With_ROW, Without_ROW, and Waiver) attributes for features you want to draw in (and are in one feature class), or are they really each a separate feature class?

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
ZacharyGraves
New Contributor

They were all created as separate feature classes.  The type column lists the files as File Geodatabase Feature Class.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

In the Create Features dialog, click on the Organize Templates button at the top left:

screen1.png

Under 'Layers' click on the layer that is not appearing and click 'New Template' at the top:

screen2.png

Check the layer and click Finish:

screen3.png

The layer should then be added to the Create Features window:

screen1.png

0 Kudos
ZacharyGraves
New Contributor

I found the solution to my problem.  I had to go to Organize Feature Templates and create a new template for the Waiver layer.  Easy enough.  In any case, I appreciate the help!

0 Kudos