Image Service will only display when zoomed to source resolution

05-30-2013 07:23 AM
JohnCenteno
New Contributor II
This is probably a simple one. I have created a mosaic dataset, built overviews, calc statistics and published it to Arc Server. When I bring the mosaic dataset into Arcmap I can see it at all extents. When I bring in the Image service built off the same mosaic it only displays when zoomed to the source resolution. How can I make the Image service display at higher extents?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Do you see the checkerboard pattern when zoomed out?  If so there is a permission issue or you have not built the overviews. The checkerboard pattern is there to indicate you have a reference in the mosaic dataset that cannot be accessed.  Pay attention to the path of the overviews and be sure that ArcGIS Server can access the overviews.
0 Kudos
ChadKopplin
Occasional Contributor III

I had this issue creating the mosaic datasets in SDE 10.2.2, the issue was that when creating the dataset, SDE defaulted to choosing the Server drive letter, I repaired the data link in the modify tab when right clicking on the dataset, this worked, but when I looked at the dataset on the server on any other computer other than my own, the checkerboard was there.  To fix the issue I set the new path in the repair link dialogue to the server name and the drive name, here is how it looked for our server:

\\<server name>\<gis_data>(this is the name of the drive that the rasters reside on, NOT the drive letter)\raster\drg\100k\utm12 or utm13

After using this as the connection path everything worked, because the dataset seemed to be defaulting to see my drives rather than the drives that the dataset were created from, now with the full name it is the same for all of our users.  I hope that this helps others.

0 Kudos