Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcSDE prerequisite check ST_Geometry-problem

Jump to solution
02-03-2012 02:32 AM
DenizGueclue
Deactivated User
Hello!

I searched for my problem in the forum and found some threads about the same problem but those couldn't help me solving my problem.

I've installed Oracle and ArcSDE on the same machine (Red Hat Linux Server 64bit - Tikanga 5.4). When starting the prerequisite check I get the following error:

Checking ST_GEOMETRY configuration setup... Current instance is not correctly setup for ST_GEOMETRY configuration.  Unable to determine current version of ST_SHAPELIB.  The latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries need to be copied to the correct software location.  Checking ST_RASTER configuration setup... Current instance is not correctly setup for ST_RASTER configuration.

Although I've configured the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora and restarted the listener I get the "error".

Listener.ora:
LISTENER =   (DESCRIPTION_LIST =     (DESCRIPTION =           (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = atem-db)(PORT=1521))       (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))     )   )  SID_LIST_LISTENER=   (SID_LIST=     (SID_DESC=       (GLOBAL_DBNAME=atem.atem.fuez)       (ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/11gR1/product/11.1.0/db_2)       (SID_NAME=atem)       (PROGRAM=extproc)       (ENVS="EXTPROC_DLLS=/opt/arcsde/sdeexe100/lib/libst_shapelib.so:/opt/arcsde/sdeexe100/lib/libst_raster_ora.so")     )   )

Tnsnames.ora:
ATEM =    (DESCRIPTION =      (ADDRESS_LIST =        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST=atem-db)(PORT=1521)       (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(Key = EXTPROC1521)     )      (CONNECT_DATA =       (SERVICE_NAME = atem) (SID = atem)       (PRESENTATION = RO)     )   )

Can anybody give me an advice?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor
From what has been provided it appears as though your tnsnames.ora does not have the necessary entry
to use IPC to send calls to ExtProc:

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA = (DESCRIPTION =     (ADDRESS_LIST =       (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(Key = EXTPROC1521))     )     (CONNECT_DATA =       (SID = PLSExtProc)       (PRESENTATION = RO)     ) )

Configuring the Oracle listener to access the geodatabase with SQL
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//002n00000091000000

Please note that there is more involved in this process than simply configuring these two files but this component is necessary to proceed.

- Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
The KnowledgeBase has a number of articles on ST_SHAPELIB configuration and
troubleshooting.

- V
0 Kudos
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor
From what has been provided it appears as though your tnsnames.ora does not have the necessary entry
to use IPC to send calls to ExtProc:

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA = (DESCRIPTION =     (ADDRESS_LIST =       (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(Key = EXTPROC1521))     )     (CONNECT_DATA =       (SID = PLSExtProc)       (PRESENTATION = RO)     ) )

Configuring the Oracle listener to access the geodatabase with SQL
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//002n00000091000000

Please note that there is more involved in this process than simply configuring these two files but this component is necessary to proceed.

- Jon
0 Kudos
DenizGueclue
Deactivated User
Oh i see...you're right. Thank you ver much!!!
0 Kudos