Select to view content in your preferred language

Analyze Datasets tool - Datasets to Analyze maintenance

Jump to solution
05-21-2024 01:35 PM
Labels (2)
AndreaB_
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm looking into using the Analyze Datasets tool in ArcGIS Pro. Couple questions:

1) Is there a way to pick all Datasets in the geodatabase? Would be nice if we had a select all button here - I have a lot and I haven't picked them all from the drop down yet. I think you all are going to say - use Python. and I'm sure I should but I really just wanted a quick way to run this tool on all datasets. 

AndreaB__0-1716323506552.png

2) I see Only datasets that are owned by the connected user will be displayed.  So do people end up running this tool at least twice - once as 'sde' and once as the DataOwner user? 

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndreaB_ - grant db_owner role to the sde user on the geodatabase that has the sde user as the data owner user, close/open ArcGIS Pro and then try again the Analyze Tool using the connection file of the sde user and it shall work this time.

Tip: You can update statistics directly in SQL Server using this SQL command.

USE <your_db_name_here>
GO
EXEC sp_updatestats
GO

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-updatestats-t...

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
AndreaB_
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @MarceloMarques ,

So I tested giving db_owner role to sde user on that old geodatabase. It still didn't allow me to have permissions to run the Analyze Tool. I think there are other things going on with that geodatabase. But no worries - because I tested the Analyze Tool on my new and improved sql geodatabase using the Data Owner connection and it worked perfectly. My goal is to replace the old geodatabase and the sooner the better. 

Oh, and I'm not dbo or sysadmin so I can't update statistics directly in SQL Server using that SQL command. Wish I could. I'm a member of db_owner but that didn't seem to matter.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndreaB_ - I am glad that the new SQL Server Geodatabase that you created following the best practices is working smoothly. That is the goal of my database template scripts and database guidebooks. I am happy is helping.  : )

Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Enterprise Databases Best Practices (esri.com)

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov