Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding feature class to table

12-10-2020 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
JohnReynolds1
Emerging Contributor

I am trying to add a feature class to a table in 10.7.1.  The map is the state of MN showing the counties.  I want to place a point feature class to specific counties.  There can be more than one point per county.  I have a table built and each record includes a county field.

When I originally built the map and attribute table I would put the point in the county and then type in the data in the highlighted record line.  Now if possible I would like to continue doing that since there are 256 records.

Is there a way to highlight a record and then place the point in the right county?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JohnReynolds1
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the tip on the wording.  Previously I used the points on the map to provide the XY data.  The points are placed generally within the boundaries of the counties not any specific point.

For now I'm going to focus on putting the points in the single topic maps since there are only about 40 records left to add to the feature class.  Later if I have time I'll try cutting and pasting the geodatabase table into a new feature class in a new map.

Thanks David!

0 Kudos
JohnReynolds1
Emerging Contributor

I'm going to have to dig through that mess and see if I still have it in it's original form.

I'll jump on that in the morning.  Thank you David!  I appreciate it.

0 Kudos