ArcGIS Pro - Update Solution

Jump to solution
04-17-2020 07:53 AM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

A new version of the Coronavirus response solution came out. I am trying to update to the new version. I have the old version deployed and we put data in.  It does work if i deploy to another folder   but then this solution is in two folders. 

I have this checked:

It shows a new version is available. 

I try running it and I get this error. 

Any ideas why this is happening? 

ArcGIS Pro

Mike Dagle

ArcGIS Solutions

Local

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Another option: after deploying and deciding if you'll keep the updated or original Case Reporter, you could delete one of them and move the items into one folder. If you're certain you won't need your existing Case Reporter, you could delete that and try deploying to the existing folder. 

Mike

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Rickey Fite, try deploying to a different folder.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Mike Dagle 

I can deploy to a different folder I just don't want to have half of the solution in one and half in another. 

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Understood, Rickey. In this case we're deploying an updated Case Reporter survey and the deployment tool is running into issues since there is a current Case Reporter. A new folder will clear that up. It's also how update deployments will be handled in the future. 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Mike Dagle

So my options are to delete the whole solution and start over or Deploy update to a new folder? 

Doesn't this make an messy AGOL folder system? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Another option: after deploying and deciding if you'll keep the updated or original Case Reporter, you could delete one of them and move the items into one folder. If you're certain you won't need your existing Case Reporter, you could delete that and try deploying to the existing folder. 

Mike

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Mike Dagle

That did the trick  we do not use the case reporter because that is take care of at the county level. 

Thank you!