Implement dynamic start time for network analysis in model builder

Jump to solution
01-11-2023 07:32 AM
MichaelGidam
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I stumbled over a problem setting an inline variable substitution for the parameter "Start Time" necessary to determine the starting point in time for a network analysis.

I am trying to iterate over rows in a table, which give me details for a trip to be included in a network analysis (Route analysis), including the origin and destination point as well as the starting point in time for when the trip is being made.

I get the data for the starting time out of the respective field in the table via "Get Field Value". I then try to implement the value, named START, as inline variable substitution for the parameter "Start Time" in the Route Analysis Tool using %START%. But it doesn't work as planned because the parameter does not fill blue and input is gone as soon as I open the parameter again.

The format of the starting time data is 'dd.mm.yyy hh:mm:ss'. I tried formatting it as date, string or time format, but it won't work.

Is it even possible to dynamically change the value of a network analysis start time based on iterating through a data table containing various start times?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelGidam
New Contributor

Solved it.

Inline variable substitution is not necessary. If the data format is set right, one can just connect the elements directly in the model builder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelGidam
New Contributor

Solved it.

Inline variable substitution is not necessary. If the data format is set right, one can just connect the elements directly in the model builder.

0 Kudos