I'd like you to support me to how can I cancel or convert the ArcGIS desktop version from the old device to the new device with the same license as well as set up on the new device I already have the trial licence, form my Esri account,

07-12-2020 05:41 AM
RamziAlqamadi
New Contributor
Dear colleagues,

I'd like you to support me to how can I cancel or convert the ArcGIS desktop version from the old device to the new device with the same license as well as set up on the new device
I already have the trial license, from my Esri account, and I tried to do the below steps:
I went to "ArcGIS administered file\" >> chose the option "  I have received already an authorization file from Esri and am now ready finish the authorization process ",  I have received the error message said > " there were no valid features found in the select file ", thus, what are the correct steps that should take through to help me the setup the ArcGIS desktop version on my new device.
Best regards,
Ramzi ALQAMADI 
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Ramzi,

From your description, you installed and tried to authorize ArcGIS Desktop Single Use.  You mentioned you received a trial license from MyEsri.  What is the name of the file?  It's possible you received a license file for ArcGIS Pro and not ArcGIS Desktop.  You can also test by going to back to the ArcGIS Administrator.  Click on the Supported Operations folder and then Deauthorize.  On the second dialogue, it will list all your authorized Single Use license.  If it has the word "Pro" in the feature names, it's a Pro license which cannot be used for ArcGIS Desktop.  

0 Kudos