Failed Exporting from Enterprise GDB 10.6.1

09-18-2018 05:56 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I am running ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 with SQL Server 2016 as my enterprise GDB.

When I import a FC into Arcmap from the Enterprise GDB and right click tyhe layer, export to shapefile I get the following error.

I can reproduce this behavior on ALL* 2k+ Feature classes in my database.

the only way for me to export a FC to shapefile is to do so via the Catalog Pane.

is this a known BUG in 10.6.1?

23 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I am seeing the same error when exporting Oracle SDE feature classes out to shapefiles.  The Oracle SDE database is still version 10.5.1 as the desktop software is 10.6.1.  Did you already upgrade your SQL Server 2016 SDE database to 10.6.1? 

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

Yes the SQL Server is running 10.6.1 geodatabase release.
I just tried to upgrade it again to verify and it failed stating that its already running the latest release.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

BUG-000115801

Workaround

1. In the layers attribute table, select all the rows

Then try export again

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

meh, hassle in my workflow. do you know if this will be patched in the next 10.6.+ release?

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

"the esri developer team is reviewing the bug"

bbieb
by
Occasional Contributor

We also ran into this.  Seems to work fine in ArcCatalog.  Basic functionality broken.....

brian
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

Any response from ESRI addressing this issue?

0 Kudos
bbieb
by
Occasional Contributor

I had them add my Support call to the bug # above.  Their suggestion was to use a selection set.  My impression is that it wasn't a high priority since they had a work around.

brian

brian
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are seeing this error as well. We can export via ArcCatalog and Pro, and it works when data is selected first in ArcMap.