Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed Exporting from Enterprise GDB 10.6.1

09-18-2018 05:56 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Regular Contributor

I am running ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 with SQL Server 2016 as my enterprise GDB.

When I import a FC into Arcmap from the Enterprise GDB and right click tyhe layer, export to shapefile I get the following error.

I can reproduce this behavior on ALL* 2k+ Feature classes in my database.

the only way for me to export a FC to shapefile is to do so via the Catalog Pane.

is this a known BUG in 10.6.1?

23 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Richard, Can you provide a list of specific problems you had with ArcMap 10.5.1 after you installed the TLS patch?  I installed this patch on about 100 computers at my org and no one reported any new issues with the ArcMap 10.5.1 software.

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

It resets registry settings related to the Standard Toolbar. Icons added to that toolbar will not ‘stick’ between restarts of ArcMap (i.e., you have to re-add the tool). Prior to install of the TLS patch the Command would remain between restarts of ArcMap.

Rich

0 Kudos
DavidLok2
New Contributor

Thank you. Sounds it fix the issue. Tried one time works. Will test it bit more. Thanks for the download link.

RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

ESRI released a patch for this Export Data from Layer issue, if you have this issue ensure you load the patch named ArcGIS-1061-DT-EDL-Patch.msp from Esri Support ArcMap 10.6 (10.6.1) .

This fixed the issue for us for Shapefiles and Microsoft SQL.

Rich

0 Kudos