Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed Exporting from Enterprise GDB 10.6.1

09-18-2018 05:56 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Regular Contributor

I am running ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 with SQL Server 2016 as my enterprise GDB.

When I import a FC into Arcmap from the Enterprise GDB and right click tyhe layer, export to shapefile I get the following error.

I can reproduce this behavior on ALL* 2k+ Feature classes in my database.

the only way for me to export a FC to shapefile is to do so via the Catalog Pane.

is this a known BUG in 10.6.1?

23 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue as well with a 10.6.1 desktop, SQL database (2012) SDE owned schema, I am only able export from the stand alone ArcCatalog application.

0 Kudos
WilliamRice
Occasional Contributor II

I also encountered this issue today.  Using the ArcMap Data > Export Data tool, I am also unable to export any feature classes or tables from our Enterprise SQL Server Geodatabase without selecting any records first.  This new behavior with 10.6.1 breaks functionality that has been around since version 8.x .  I am able to export data from File Geodatabases without selecting any records first.

DavidAllen
Occasional Contributor

Same issue - but I'm trying to export the Cartographic Representation geometry override. Can't do that in Catalog. And even though it used to do this, it apparently doesn't any more.

I have my water system with hydrant locations. The symbolized location isn't always exactly on top of the true location because of readability. But I have a representation override that has a new symbol that has been placed exactly over every hydrant. I need to export the representation location but that no longer works.

CCGISCOOP
New Contributor II

I would like to know is there's any response from Esri (or any update to that bug ticket) - people don't like extra clicks, especially when this has always worked before... please restore this basic functionality!

DavidLok2
New Contributor

This bug should really be fixed ASAP - not only from the user standpoint but also from the standpoint of supporting other GIS users in an organization. 

Thanks for those who share the tips and the workaround works - by selecting records first, it will export. Yet, this is NOT the proper way to export data.  It is very hard to expect  in support role we tell user to deal with this kinds of problem by asking user to do this kind of work around.

The experience was as what the other stated here - when exporting the data (hosted in Oracle Enterprise), it always cites the error and the message is also somewhat misleading.  When copying the data out to a local new geodatabase, it will export. Alternatively (as the others said)  selecting all records first, it will export  (data hosted in Oracle Enterprise), Yet, this is really not a proper workflows to export data.

This is very basic function and is broken!

ESRI, please fix this bug ASAP.

JeffreyHolden
New Contributor III

We are getting this issue at Washington State Department of Natural Resources after upgrading to ArcGIS 10.6.1 Desktop and Oracle SDE 10.6.1.

We hope it is fixed soon, but if you select all or some records you can then export.

RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

Same Issue with SQL Server 2016 etc. Issue exists when exporting to a Shapefile or file Geodatabase. Workarounds are to use 'All features In View Extent' or 'Selected features' during the Data Export. Note - Export of Shapefile to File Geodatabase works without error.

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

We upgraded this week too! :-0

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like a ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 Exporting Data from a Layer Patch was released 2/8/2019 to resolve BUG-000115801.  You can download it from here.

RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

and it appears to work without causing side effects (unlike the TLS patch for 10.5.1 which resets all your ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 reg settings to factory default ;-).