Workforce field worker tracking

08-07-2020 09:01 AM
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

I have just started learning about Workforce and specifically learning about tracking and I have noticed that it still shows someone's last known location even after they turn off location services/log off the app.  I see their last known location in the dispatcher map. Even when logged out of the App completely, it still shows last known location of field workers.  Is this by design?  Any information you can share on this would be helpful

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Eric,

Yes, this is by design.

The app does not delete or set the worker's location to null/empty on the server once they sign out or if they change the location services on the device.

Esri has a team who is focused on Disaster Management who can help you with these questions. We're always happy to answer these on the forum; but it may speed things up for you to the discuss these with someone on the team.  Your Account Manager could get you in touch with someone from the team.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue, if the worker is at home and they close the app for the day for testing or what ever purpose  their last location still stays up on the map. so this information can be seen by any admins also others in the group project . we have about 8 admins in our organisation. I think this is a privacy concern. would be good if there were some option for the dispatcher or or field worker to turn of location displayed on the dispatcher map. this is one concern if we decide to use this app in our organisation. I can see this app would be great for disaster events. Is there something more suitable for other everyday field work e.g. tree removal, plumbing leaks, rubish removal

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Tristan,

This capability remains unchanged for Workforce.

Can you go into some detail on how providing the ability to turn off the location displayed on the dispatcher map would help with this?  If you have 8 admins in your organization; they will all be able to view the Workforce feature layer and see the last known location of workers - even if we provide the ability to turn it off in the dispatcher map.

Craig

PeterMilenkovic
Occasional Contributor

I noticed that the workforce app shows other workers? I tried turning the layer off but the worker locations were still showing, making the layer transparent seems to work.

0 Kudos
ChaselWood
New Contributor II

If Tracking isn't necessary to any of the field workers, one work around is you can have them all disable the location services to the app itself through their device settings. While it may not show them in the actual application, they are still able to get directions to assignments using google maps or apple maps through the app, so all navigation isnt a complete loss. 

0 Kudos