Location search in Workforce Manager

Jump to solution
07-29-2016 07:38 AM
DavidCrosby
Esri Contributor

I've added a point feature service of buildings to both the dispatcher and worker web maps, then configured the web maps to allow locating features both for the feature service and geocoder.  In the map viewer I can search by building name and find the location.  In the Workforce Manager I search to add an assignment, and am not able to search by the building name.  I also don't see that the search box allows the user to choose the geocoder.

Should this work?  Are there plans to add this functionality?  My use case is I would like to dispatch IT staff to various buildings to complete work, and allow the dispatcher to search for the building.

Tags (1)
23 Replies
LaneHartman
New Contributor III

Adam,

Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?  I seem to be having the same issue.

0 Kudos
AdamChavez1
New Contributor II

We ended up automating the creation of the workforce assignments through a python script.  I don't know if this original issue was resolved, I was trying to send some google chrome HAR files to Craig for analysis, but my org possibly blocked that functionality.

0 Kudos
LaneHartman
New Contributor III

Craig,

I'm having the same issue with my dispatcher map.  Even though I've configured the dispatcher map, it doesn't recognize that I set it to search from an address points layer in the map.  Was there a resolution to this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Lane,

We're looking into this issue but haven't had any success in reproducing it to date.

If you can invite my craig_sp user to your project, as Adam did above, I can try and reproduce it.  You need to invite me to the project as a Dispatcher, my named user is craig_sp

0 Kudos
LaneHartman
New Contributor III

Craig,

I invited you as dispatcher. Let me know if you need anything else.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Lane, I sent you a DM with other questions.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Sum from an offline discussion with Lane.

Workforce search capability supports searching on Layers defined in the Dispatcher web map - however, unlike the ArcGIS Map Viewer, it does not support Suggestions on those layers.

In order for the Search to be performed, the user need to hit Enter / Return to perform the search.

We are looking at changing this for an upcoming release of Workforce to being it inline with the Map Viewer capability.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to populate the location field with an address rather than x,y coordinates? We use Quick Capture to identify deficiencies and Workforce to assign them to field workers who need a meaningful location to navigate to.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User yes, it's possible but depends on how you're creating the assignments in Workforce.  If you're creating them from existing features, you can set the popup title of the feature use the location field in the feature.  

If you're creating the assignments without an existing feature, it should be using the default Locator that you have setup in your organization.

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, @CraigGillgrass. They would be created from existing features (points collected using Quick Capture). I wish there were better collaboration settings in Workforce i.e. the ability for anyone within an organization to edit a project ( in the screen capture you can see that I have the ability to open the project but I cannot access additional settings). I don't think I can view/change those settings since I didn't create the project myself. 

SHartholt_0-1669818016644.png

0 Kudos