Assignment Types and different color points

03-20-2020 08:29 AM
JamesMarok1
New Contributor III

I noticed that you can open the web map that feeds your dispatcher map and change the symbology to various colors in the web map, but when you return to the Workforce App none of the points will be visible, why can't we see those in the Workforce Project?

6 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James,

This is supported in Workforce, you can change the symbology.  Can you provide some more info on what you're seeing?

Craig

0 Kudos
JamesMarok1
New Contributor III

I set the colors in the Web Map on top, you can see the point is Red, but when I return to the Workforce App, there are no dots showing the location.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

James,

Sorry about that, when I saw Symbology, I thought you were referring to changing the Status symbols, I missed the fact you were talking about Assignment Types.

This isn't possible in Workforce, it relies on the using the Assignment status for symbolizing.

Craig

0 Kudos
JamesMarok1
New Contributor III

I hope they add this possibility in the future, seems like they had to take away web map functions to limit it in workforce that doesn't make a lot of sense.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James,

We don't have any plans to add this capability; however, it is something we could consider.  What would help would be to understand how symbolizing on the type of work, would help the Dispatcher.

We chose to symbolize on the status of the work because we heard from our user research that was the most important view to the Dispatcher.

Can you go into some detail on how displaying by type of work would help or be used by the Dispatcher.  Would they always want to view the work symbolized by type and would never want to view it by status?

thanks,

0 Kudos
JamesMarok1
New Contributor III

I guess we should just prefer to be able to assign color by Assignment Type and not have them by Status, since status is already controlled by the Filter.

0 Kudos