Add multiple users to one assignment in Workforce

11-22-2018 05:55 AM
RileyJones1
New Contributor II

Our company is very new with Workforce For ArcGIS and we are testing out it’s functionality. The way our field crews operate is that we assign each crew a project and then assign equipment for that project. Is there a way to write a python script to have the ability to add multiple people to one assignment and to update the Workforce for ArcGIS module to add “assets”?

18 Replies
GSimons
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

I hope you are well. We would also be interested in this functionality plus the other noted further down - is this something that is now available?

Thanks, Gideon 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

This is still on our Roadmap but we won't be addressing it until after Workforce is integrated with Field Maps. That work is currently scheduled for next year.

Craig

0 Kudos
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Craig,

I'm planning to use Workforce for one of my clients and the ability for mobile workers to see unassigned work around them and work on it is necessary.

According the the product plan, when this feature will be available?

Thanks 

Ofra

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Ofra,

The earliest that this capability will be available would be mid-2020.

Craig

0 Kudos
KevinKilfoil
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

Any development in regards of workers being able to see unassigned tasks and selecting which task they can do or assigning themselves a task from the unassigned task list or map?

Thanks,
Kevin

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin,

This is still on our Roadmap but we won't be addressing it until after Workforce is integrated with Field Maps. That work is currently scheduled for later this year.

Craig

0 Kudos
KevinKilfoil
New Contributor

Thanks for the update Craig,

Kevin

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @CraigGillgrass 

I appreciate you keeping this thread posted on progress on the idea, I just wanted to add my voice in support of the ability to assign multiple or a group of workers to an assignment in Workforce. My organization would be the same situation as @AndyMinor2 discussed on the previous post with Parks or Streets or Utilities crews sent out to work on a task.

0 Kudos
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

Hi @CraigGillgrass 

Our company would also like to support the ability to assign multiple or group of workers to an assignment. Assigning specific users when there are lots of assignments is a huge overhead for office staff when we have very fluid crews that go out to do the work.