WMX Notifications: Can you send Job Assigned Notification to assignee only?

03-31-2011 05:42 AM
AshleyMott
New Contributor III
Hi everyone,
Is there a way to send email job notifications to the job assignee only (and maybe their supervisor)? I have "Job Assigned" notifications set up, but I am sending emails to everyone in my group, because I do not know how to customize this.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Hi Ashley,

If your users have e-mail addresses specified in the WMX database, you can use the "[JOB:ASSIGNED_TO]" token and the "EMAILOF()" operator to send an e-mail to a job's assignee.  In the "To/From" tab in the configuration dialog for the "JobAssigned" notification, click "Modify".  Then, in the "Add" part of the dialog, type:

[INDENT][EMAILOF([JOB:ASSIGNED_TO])][/INDENT]

(It's not obvious that the GUI supports tokens or arbitrary e-mail addresses, so just have a look at the attached screenshot.)  Now, a notification e-mail will now be sent to the new assignee when a job's assignee changes.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a good way to send an e-mail to a user's manager without writing some custom code; there's currently nothing like a "MANAGEROF()" operator.

I hope that helps; good luck!

Brian D.
0 Kudos
AshleyMott
New Contributor III
Yeah Brian, you rule!! That works. Now, I get the logic of combing tokens. This will help me a lot with all of this little stuff I have to configure. Thanks so much.
0 Kudos
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
No problem; glad that it worked. 🙂

For anyone looking for more info about WMX notifications (and to give credit where credit is due!), have a look at this link.
0 Kudos
AshleyMott
New Contributor III
Also, I tackled the manager problem, by just creating an email notification (to manager only) when the job is done. That works for our needs.

[EMAILOF([JOB:CREATED_BY])]
0 Kudos