Reconcile error

Jump to solution
12-09-2015 08:37 AM
CharlesMcNeel
New Contributor II

I have seen a couple forum posts dealing with this issue but no resolution.  I have created a custom step in Workflow Manager 10.3 to reconcile and post versions however I get an error that the input database connection is not correct.  If I browse to the input database and add it the dialog box does not change but the error goes away and the tool will run. So it appears that I have set the custom step up properly in WFM Administrator but when I run the step in WFM I get the error.

Help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StevenEmbree
New Contributor II

Charles,

I've been able to do some more digging in this and Nishi Mishra has informed me that this issue has been addressed in a patch for 10.3.1 and for the 10.4 build. If it's imperative to resolve this issue, I would recommend moving to 10.3.1 and then installing the following patch:

ArcGIS 10.3.1 Workflow Manager for Desktop Patch 1 | Samples and Utilities

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Happy New Year.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CharlesMcNeel
New Contributor II

Turns out this is a bug that ESRI knows about.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

In the meantime, the work-around is to add the input database each time you run the tool from WFM.

0 Kudos
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

Charles do you have a NIM that you can share?

Thanks,

Alison

0 Kudos
CharlesMcNeel
New Contributor II

Yes, it's #NIM099220.

Thanks

StevenEmbree
New Contributor II

Charles,

You're correct. There is a bug on this issue listed with Workflow Manager. (I logged it.) However, I'm under the impression that this behavior is actually reproducible outside of Workflow Manager and may actually be a bug with the underlying desktop software. What this means is that this bug that you referenced may not actually be serviced. I'm working on trying to make sure of this point and I'll post back here once I find some concrete answers for you!

Thanks and Happy New Year everyone!

Steven

StevenEmbree
New Contributor II

Charles,

I've been able to do some more digging in this and Nishi Mishra has informed me that this issue has been addressed in a patch for 10.3.1 and for the 10.4 build. If it's imperative to resolve this issue, I would recommend moving to 10.3.1 and then installing the following patch:

ArcGIS 10.3.1 Workflow Manager for Desktop Patch 1 | Samples and Utilities

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Happy New Year.

CharlesMcNeel
New Contributor II

Great!

The patch fixed my issue.  Well at least the one I had with WFM

Thank you very much Steven.

Charles