Mark step as done not working

06-16-2015 09:05 AM
AllWeatherHeather
Occasional Contributor

I have an edit data step that I have chosen to not allow users to skip. I accomplished this by not checking the step property "Step can be skipped". Another important note about the properties of this step is I have selected to enable to the option "Automatically executes when reached".

Users have pointed out to me, and I have been able to verify, that they are being forced to launch the step twice before they can move the workflow along. Once is automatic (when the step is reached), then they have to execute it again.

Is this a known bug? As a work around I removed the "Automatically executes when reached" feature and it seems to work now. Too bad if we can't have it all.

-Heather

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Heather,

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Using automatic execution is generally to cover steps that don't require user input, on the last step you would have it Proceed to Next so that it would then go to a step that did require user input.

In this case it sounds like Proceed to Next on that step is unchecked and that what you want is to run that step automatically and then wait for a user confirmation to Mark it as Complete? But the workflow isn't counting the automatic execution as the initial execution action on the step. What step type is this?

With a bit more information we may be able to find you cake you can eat as well

0 Kudos
AllWeatherHeather
Occasional Contributor

The step in question is a Launch ArcMap step. I want it to launch automatically the first time users come to it but not automatically move on just in case they need to go back in and make more edits. In no circumstance would they need to skip it all together. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the clarification. I was able to reproduce your issue, we will discuss and add it to our bug queue.

0 Kudos