Is there a way to move a public job query from one container to another in WMX 10.3.1?

Jump to solution
06-17-2016 02:56 PM
AndrewRudin
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know of a way to move an existing public job query from one container to another?

I am building a new workflow for a group in my organization using WMX 10.3.1.  I have an existing public query I'd like to use as a template for the new group, but they will have their own query container, plus the existing query needs to be tweaked slightly for the new group. 

I was able to clone the existing query, and it shows up in the same container.  I have tried dragging to a new container, but nothing happens.  I also went into the queries properties and didn't see a place to designate which container it belongs to.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Andrew Rudin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

The easiest way would be to open the query and navigate to the SQL View (SQL Query tab) and then export it to a file.

Then in the container where you want the query: Add a query, give it a name, click the import button and select the file you just exported. Then once loaded make any additional changes.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

The easiest way would be to open the query and navigate to the SQL View (SQL Query tab) and then export it to a file.

Then in the container where you want the query: Add a query, give it a name, click the import button and select the file you just exported. Then once loaded make any additional changes.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos
AndrewRudin
Occasional Contributor III

That was it.  Thank you.

0 Kudos