Select to view content in your preferred language

Using WMX Services in a ArcGIS Server site configuration

2178
1
Jump to solution
06-14-2016 01:56 PM
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

We had a development environment that  consisted of two servers(111 and 114) sitting behind an F5 (ie. http://geoQA).

We had been using the WMX JavaScript Viewer application through this URL (http://geoQA/WMX) accessing a WMServer service that was running on both machines (111 and 114).

We added a third server into the configuration by placing it in a site with one of the machines (added 115 into a site with 111). 111 has a web adaptor, 115 does not.

With the servers in a site, we were able to successfully pass a request to the WMX Service and receive results.

http://111/arcgis/rest/services/wmx/WMX_6/WMServer/community/users/drack?f=json&_ts=1465934620795

Unfortunately with the site configuration, when you hit the URL for the WMX Viewer, you receive various errors.

Reviewing the requests in the back end we are seeing a variety of errors appearing. Sometimes it is a 400 error, sometimes it is more specific to the inability to recognise my user name for confirmation against the service. 

Can anyone confirm if there are any issues with using sites in ArcGIS Server and using WMX Services? Are we missing something in our server configuration?

My apologies that I don't have more specific errors. We have removed the server from the site in order to get the application back up and running, so I can't send them out at this time.

Thanks,

     Alison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

It appears that a reinstall of Workflow Manager for Server and relicensing of the application have fixed our problem.

The problem may have originated from the fact that we clone our machines as part of our rollout procedure. By cloning the machine we get the software stack enabled quickly. There are a number of post clone tasks we complete to configure the machine, but there may have been something that we missed for Workflow Manager.

Alison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

It appears that a reinstall of Workflow Manager for Server and relicensing of the application have fixed our problem.

The problem may have originated from the fact that we clone our machines as part of our rollout procedure. By cloning the machine we get the software stack enabled quickly. There are a number of post clone tasks we complete to configure the machine, but there may have been something that we missed for Workflow Manager.

Alison

0 Kudos