Filter privileges in workflow manager

Jump to solution
02-02-2018 12:22 PM
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

In WMX 10.3.1 we have several users that are assigned to different groups.  One of those groups have a job type filter defined as well as privilege to create jobs.  The other group does not have that privilege.  What we want is that the user that is in both groups can create jobs for the corresponding job type depending on the filter.  Apparently the filter just honor the visibility of the jobs by type but not the privileges by group.  Is this an expected behaviour?  Any suggestions on how to achieve this goal?

Thanks

Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi Ulises,

Please let me know if my understanding of your question is correct. 

Group 1: having create job privilege, available job types A and B

Group 2: having no create job privilege, available job types C and D.

You would like to use the user account to be able to create job A and B, but not C and D. Job type C and D is only visible to the user.

For our current implementation, this is not possible. User has the privilege as long as it is in one group that user belongs to. With that being said, even your user in one of the groups that is missing create job privilege, your user can still create jobs.

Job filter is only applied to job types not privileges.

Thanks,

Meggie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi Ulises,

Please let me know if my understanding of your question is correct. 

Group 1: having create job privilege, available job types A and B

Group 2: having no create job privilege, available job types C and D.

You would like to use the user account to be able to create job A and B, but not C and D. Job type C and D is only visible to the user.

For our current implementation, this is not possible. User has the privilege as long as it is in one group that user belongs to. With that being said, even your user in one of the groups that is missing create job privilege, your user can still create jobs.

Job filter is only applied to job types not privileges.

Thanks,

Meggie

0 Kudos
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Xiaomeng, that was my question and perception of the issue.  I believe this is a big limitation in security settings.  Can't think of any workaround for this...

Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos