AOI no longer shown in Table of Contents

07-18-2013 06:55 AM
DanielJohns
Occasional Contributor
Should the AOI be listed in the table of contents (enabling the abilitiy to turn on and off the feature)? I'm pretty sure it was previously listed in the TOC, but now it's not. It only appears as a graphic (which can be deleted), but the users would prefer to turn it off. Is this a bug and does anyone now how to fix it?

I've tried recreating the template maps, but it did not fix the issue.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Daniel,

The AOI should appear as a graphic in the map, but it should show in the TOC as a graphic that you can turn on and off. Is this not the case? In the advanced options of Launch ArcMap there is a 'Show AOI in MXD'  that you can check on or off to suppress the graphic if you user base does not want to see it.

Cheers,
Michael
0 Kudos
DanielJohns
Occasional Contributor
Hi Daniel,

The AOI should appear as a graphic in the map, but it should show in the TOC as a graphic that you can turn on and off. Is this not the case? In the advanced options of Launch ArcMap there is a 'Show AOI in MXD'  that you can check on or off to suppress the graphic if you user base does not want to see it.

Cheers,
Michael

Thanks Michael. I tried what you suggested, even went through and made adjustments to the StepTypes in my Workflow and it's still not showing up in my TOC. The end-users would like to be able to toggle the layer on/off.

So far I've done the following:

• Replaced the .mxt

• Deleted and recreated the template .mxd

• Adjusted the settings to store in db and to view from the file location

• Checked and Unchecked 'Show AOI in MXD'

With each adjustment I restarted the application.

I'm running out of ideas, any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Daniel
0 Kudos
DanielJohns
Occasional Contributor
Is it possible that the WMX software writes out a template (similar to the Normal.mxt)? All users are not experencing the same issue. When the AOI layer stopped turning on and off in my map, I removed it and closed out of the document completely. After going back into the document the layer was gone (and is still gone).

The other users haven't removed their layers, but unchecking the layer (to turn off) only works half the time.

I was messing with it last night and got to thinking that it must have written out my configuration somewhere which is possibly why I'm having issues. WMX has only been in place for a few weeks and we've been making some configuration changes (nothing involving the AOI) so I thought maybe a file became corrupted.

Thank you again,
Daniel
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Daniel,

That is unexpected behavior. To help you properly it sounds like we'll need to try and recreate the issue with you. Could you log this formally with ESRI's Support Center? You can call into Tech support or submit a support request if you have your client information.

http://support.esri.com/en

It will make it's way to us here at the Workflow Manager team, and we'll be happy to help you further with this issue directly.

Cheers,
Michael
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Daniel,

Thought I'd update you that we have noticed a bug that the AOI will not show up on a Launch Arcmap if you have an existing Arcmap session open with unsaved work. It will deposit the AOI into that map before it is closed and then it will be missed from the Launch Arcmap session. I can't be sure based on your experience if the two are related, but it is an issue we are actively working on correcting.

Cheers,
Michael
0 Kudos