Select to view content in your preferred language

Make web editor available to Mobile Workers

07-01-2024 11:53 PM
RichardHowe
Frequent Contributor

I can't see the rationale behind making the web editor only available to Creators and higher. Anyone with a Creator licence already has access to ArcGIS Pro where they can edit their data with the full suite of desktop tools. The real beneficiaries of Web Editor will be Mobile Workers who have been out in the field and are potentially limited by Field Maps editing tools, and wish to tidy up their data when they are back in the office.

The Creator licence type is there for those who wish to create actual content i.e. hosted feature layers, webmaps, dashboards etc. not for those who simply wish to edit existing data.

Please reconsider the restrictive licencing of what, on the the face of it, seems like a really useful addition!

23 Comments
BenSundy

I also want to go on record supporting the desire for a workflow that enables a mobile worker to collect data in the field (using survey123 or Field Maps) and return to the office to clean it up or make edits to attributes. This seems like such an efficient and intuitive workflow for data collection and review. 

BrittanyBurson

We just wrapped up our Enterprise licensing agreement the next three years leaving us only with Creator, Mobile Worker, Viewer and losing Editor. Future planning of what this means for our (now formerly) Editor users brought me to this page. I'm reading here it's because these are "advanced" web editing tools but to me they're just finally catching up to offer basic editing needs like snapping that were simply missing before. Still way reduced to what a Pro user would be doing or needing. As others have said, many of our web editors are our Field Maps editors who make small adjustments once back at a desktop. Please reconsider.  I am shocked and we may now have to reconsider our long term environment strategy.

RyanBohan

Anyone that works out on the field, would love to be able to go back into the office at the end of the day with the AC on full to review their days entries on a larger screen.

Currently there is not a good solution for mobile workers to review their work.  Fieldmaps replaced Collector back in 2020 however Fieldmaps still only works on mobile/tablet devices.  

Web editor looks like it could be a great option, however the cost of bumping hundreds of users from editor to creator would greatly limit its use.      

It is hard to explain that options like the SmartEditor from webmaps are no longer an option, for in office review of collected data.