Web AppBuilder, URL To Open Map @ Lat/Long or Address?

09-11-2015 07:18 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

If I have a Web AppBuilder application that is off the shelf and hosted in ArcGIS.com (not developer edition), is there a way tack on a lat/long or address to the end of the map URL, to get it to open the map at a location other than the default initial map extent?

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

Other than providing these url parameters in your hyperlink that is used to get to your site? I am not aware of anything.

Use URL parameters—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

DanAllen

Thank you Robert.  That was just resource I needed.  Any idea if passing a geocode or attribute search into the url is possible?  Like open the map and search for tax it 123.00-1-1, or 123 main street?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

I thought there was but I am not finding it. I have a custom widget called eSearch that does this but you would need to start using WAB developer.

0 Kudos
DanAllen

Thanks again Robert.  I was hoping stick with out of the box on this project.  If that changes, your esearch widget sounds like an option.

Best,

Dan

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Robert:

I tried to perform this function with a javascript app that my organization built with the following URL:

https://hostname/app/default.html?center=2408789,146424,102729&level=5

The coordinates shown are in state plane.

The app always opens up at the default location even though I provided some additional parameters as per the link you provided.  Is there some coding in the app that needs to be done to get this to work?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

I think you need to use lat lon or web-mercator

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Robert:

I used lat-long but it made no difference.  The web app I am trying to make this work with was not built with the Web App Builder.  Would that make a difference?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

absolutely, the doc link provided is about WAB.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the clarification Robert.

Would you know where in the Web App Builder code I would find the specific code to enable this functionality so I can add it to my organization's non-Web App Builder javascript web app?

0 Kudos