WAB Query Functionality Question

Jump to solution
02-16-2015 11:18 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I haven't had a chance to delve into the Query options within the WAB. Regardless, I am supposed to put together a 'Level of Effort' documentation on replacing a current dashboard system with a javascript map based on the same REST services.

Currently, there is a web-dashboard that allows users to query against data using 15-30 fields (Police). Like how many burglaries, between this date and that, in this police beat, during this time of day/night, happened in this area... there are TONS of fields.

The system will break if we updated Oracle. I have wanted to replace these maps for years now. This is a good thing.

HOWEVER, I haven't built a query for a web map using WAB yet. So I am CLUELESS. The last thing I ever did was edit XML files for an E-Search widget that Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ built back in the Flex days. So I'm trying to figure out "how hard is it to create, apply, and implement queries" on a web map? Any videos that outline the process? Any advice from those of you with experience? I'm trying to avoid spending a couple of hours studying queries in the WAB so that I can document how much time those queries will take... because, of course, I have to have this document (and my regular job duties) finished by Friday.

Anyone have anything that might help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

Both the OTB Query widget and the eSearch for WAB has GUIs that allow you to configure them without having to interact with the raw JSON. Configuring both is pretty straight forward and easy in my opinion. I am unaware of any videos on this subject. If you run into any road blocks just post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

Both the OTB Query widget and the eSearch for WAB has GUIs that allow you to configure them without having to interact with the raw JSON. Configuring both is pretty straight forward and easy in my opinion. I am unaware of any videos on this subject. If you run into any road blocks just post.

BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

My problem is that our date fields are not true dates. They are Oracle keys for dates. So it looks like it'll be time to build some views so that I can get actual dates... ah well.

0 Kudos