WAB Directions widget shows coordinates instead of address

Jump to solution
08-02-2017 11:33 AM
JeffPace
MVP Alum

WAB in Portal 10.5.1 is still showing coordinates instead of addresses in 10.5.1 (10.5.1 server routing service also) when using a local geocode service

It also displays mixed coordinates, web mercator sometimes, lat/long other times

The actual reversegeocode results for these two points contained a valid address.

{"address":{"Street":"611 13TH AVE E","City":"BRADENTON","ZIP":"34208","Match_addr":"611 13TH AVE E, BRADENTON, 34208"},"location":{"x":-9190285.6009550039,"y":3184609.8380619353,"spatialReference":{"wkid":102100,"latestWkid":3857}}}

The app is publicly facing
ArcGIS Web Application 

any ideas?
dlaw-esristaff
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffPace
MVP Alum

David, 

No fix is needed

var sources =[
{
// locator: new Locator("https://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer"),
locator: new Locator("https://www.mymanatee.org/arcgis01/rest/services/tools/AGSParcel/GeocodeServer"),
singleLineFieldName: "SingleLine",
searchTemplate:"${Match_addr}",
name: "name",
localSearchOptions: {
minScale: 300000,
distance: 50000
}
}
];

Works at 3.21

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging 

View solution in original post

32 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Have you re-projected the routing and locator source layers to web mercator or are all in state plane? 

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

The source data is still state plane

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

My apologies, I just checked and I did account for that in my 3.21 api.  Yes, I still do get that same behavior when I use my local streets locator service at 3.21, although I do not get a mix of lat/lon and WM coords.  I believe that's where using re-projected source layers helped.  

But the only way I could ever get the interactive tool to display the addresses is to use the esri locator.  My workaround is to use the esri locator and my local NA service. Obviously that works but is not ideal.  ESRI needs to fix the library.

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Yeah this is in WAB so its just the routing service link.  Not great.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Right. So in my WABs here's what I get when I use the world geocode server with my local route NA service:

I get the same results whether I use esri routing or my routing - notice the address ranges.  It's how my local streets locator is not defined / parameterized like esri's, you know?

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Yes i get the same when i use the world geocode service.  However we want to use our own local streets, since routing is often done by inspectors at new construction.

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Oh and .. credits

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Changing to native WM did not fix

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

When we tested your locator service in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer, we get the same result:

So we suspect that perhaps something's not quite configured correctly in your custom locator and it's not an issue with the Directions widget.

Hope this helps,