How to show ALL points in a Chart Widget (Line)?

12-17-2020 03:32 AM
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

I have modified Chart Widget (line style to weight = 0) to get a ScatterPlot showing only points not lines.

Surprisingly, although I can access to complete serie of point vector, Chart widget ONLY show points for those fields that are shown in canvas. I have inspected widget.js code but I can not find where is the property or filter that manage this behaviour for visualizing points.

Any idea or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you !

As a example, in the following chart you can see points with tooltips that are not shown by default and I am trying to show in chart by default not only with Tooltip function.

chart2scatterplot.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

@GerardMartin were you able to find a solution to this. I am also having the same issue and cannot find  the solution

0 Kudos
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

Hi @RehanChaudhary,

No, my original question was related a beta project to analyze some widgets functionality looking for easy customization to user demands. In my case, the conclusion was, most of then you have to develop by yourself.

0 Kudos
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

@GerardMartin so did you modified the code for chart widget itself or did you created you own widget from scratch to show a scatter plot?

0 Kudos
GerardMartin
Occasional Contributor

I modified the code for chart widget but I'm not a JS developer ... If you are, you can find lots of JS libraries with plot functionalities to create your own widget.

0 Kudos
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor
Would it be possible for you to share the code snippet where you do it?
Currently i am unable to do it and i am also unable to show the labels for
both axis. Probably that might help
0 Kudos