Group Filter Widget ( WAB - AGOL )

07-10-2018 03:33 AM
ReginaldoPaderon
New Contributor III

Group Filter Widget ( group filter widget ) for Web Appbuilder ( AGOL )

File Geodatabase VS ArcSDE Geodatabase ( Oracle ).

I have issues using Group Filter Widget with ArcSDE Geodatabase.  I have about 370,000 records.  I am trying to filter a Field ( String ) using Field as Value.  It just process and eventually stopped but no list.

But with a File Geodatabase, no issues.

Is there anything I must do on the ArcSDE Geodatabase side ?      

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you try using a browser's developer tools, Fiddler or WireShark to see the network traffic that is occurring when you use this widget on the SDE feature class?  Perhaps a SQL statement that is being sent to the Oracle database from the widget is not getting constructed properly so you are getting unexpected results.

0 Kudos
ReginaldoPaderon
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Below is a snapshot of the Network Activity from my browser ( chrome ) dev tools.  Take some time at validating.gif.  When it stops, it does not return anything and generateRenderer ... turns to red colored text.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Nothing jumps out at me with the Dev Tool information, except should the where clause in Query String Parameters say 1=1?

Maybe use the file geodatabase again with Dev Tools and look for differences in the output.

Do you have the ability to start a support incident with ESRI about this issue?

Maybe Robert Scheitlin might have some ideas on the issue with SDE and the Group Filter widget.

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
ReginaldoPaderon
New Contributor III

If I am not mistaken, 1=1 means for all records.  From the File Geodatabase, not much you can get and theres no Query returned, straight away a token.

I thought of creating a subtype, but the thing is it is not our data and it is very dynamic.   It seems File Geodatabase was able to handle 370k records faster than ArcSDE Geodatabase for the Group Filter Widget.

Appreciate any suggestions.

0 Kudos