Google Streetview WAB 1.3

Jump to solution
03-08-2016 06:26 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

I am at my wits end why Streetview is being blocked on my pad, I have block ups allowed on Safari, Robert Scheitlin your streetview map works on my Ipad. My wab map will not allow streetview to open on the ipad saying this site is attempting to open a pop up window, Block Allow, I allow 3 to 4 times then a separate tab opens with Error Code: 500 internal Server Error, the request was rejected by HTTP Filter.  (12217) I have tried this on other wifi networks and even my home network and get the same error only applicable to my WAB map. I have uninstalled Streetview and reinstalled V1.3 same problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Your web server seems to be requesting the length of the url string because of the no image message length. I have seen this before when an IT group limits the url string length. So the quick fix it to shorten the no image message in the street view widgets nls/strings.js

So in the above file find the

nostreetviewimageavailablemsg and shorten this message and save the strings.js

View solution in original post

16 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Please post your config_Google Street View.json. Also test that you have access to the StreetView.html file by pasting this url in your browser:

if testing on your development machine:

http:// [yourmachine name:3344]/webappbuilder/apps/[app#]/widgets/StreetView/StreetView.html?wbgColor=485566&nSVImageAvailableMsg=No%20Street%20View%20Image%20Available%3Cbr%3Eor%20you%20have%20not%20yet%20dragged%20the%20Google%C2%AE%20Street%20View%20man%3Cbr%3Eonto%20the%20map%20to%20set%20your%20location.&gAPIKey=

If testing on a production machine:

http:// [your apps url]/widgets/StreetView/StreetView.html?wbgColor=485566&nSVImageAvailableMsg=No%20Street%20View%20Image%20Available%3Cbr%3Eor%20you%20have%20not%20yet%20dragged%20the%20Google%C2%AE%20Street%20View%20man%3Cbr%3Eonto%20the%20map%20to%20set%20your%20location.&gAPIKey=

You should get a gInitialize error but the window show still display the page (not an actual street view image though).

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

My config from WAB folder or from my server folder of my app

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Let's start with the one from your server folder.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

{

"hidestreetviewvwidowwhenminimized": true,

"windowproperties": {

"height": 500,

"width": 600

},

"googleapikey": "do u need my key?",

"clientid": "",

"streetviewpanoramaoptions": {

"addresscontrol":{

"visible": true,

"controlposition": "TOP_CENTER"

},

"clicktogo": true,

"disabledoubleclickzoom": true,

"imagedatecontrol": true,

"linkscontrol": true,

"pancontrol": {

"controlposition": "TOP_LEFT"

},

"zoomcontrol": {

"controlposition": "TOP_LEFT",

"controlstyle": "SMALL"

}

}

}

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Actually can you test by removing the Google API Key from the file all together?

Also did you test the StreetView.html as I mentioned earlier?

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

The streetview html gives this error. Shall i just delete the API Key?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

yes try that now.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

Deleted API key from streetview config.json, did not help, the json file on my server not in WAB directory. Also tried in WAB 1.3 folder, same thing, attempting to open a pop up window.

here my wab map which is giving problems on ipad

ArcGIS Web Application

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Your web server seems to be requesting the length of the url string because of the no image message length. I have seen this before when an IT group limits the url string length. So the quick fix it to shorten the no image message in the street view widgets nls/strings.js

So in the above file find the

nostreetviewimageavailablemsg and shorten this message and save the strings.js