Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.4 just released :)

07-28-2011 05:18 PM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Today we released version 2.4 of both ArcGIS API for Flex and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

There are lots of highlights to both Flex API and Flex Viewer.  Check out the What's New in the updated help for the full list of changes.  Here's my top-10 for the Viewer 2.4:

1. New Geoprocessing widget that works with almost any geoprocessing task.

2. Clustering of points from feature layers.

3. Configuring definition expression on sublayers within a layer of type="dynamic" (an ArcGIS Dynamic map Service).

4. Being able to set the widget size in the configuration file.

5. KML Layer - the <layer> tag supports type="kml".

6. Support for four new locales have been added - Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian and Russian - to the existing six locales.

7. Initial "view" of Search and Locate widget can be set in widget configuration file.

8. Works better with Adobe Flex 4.5 SDK.

9. Widgets can be centered using new verticalcenter and horizontalcenter.

10. Bug fixes:

• Color of hyperlinks in popup windows remain the same even after clicking the link.

• Multiple bug fixes related to widget layout locations and run-away widgets. Widgets can be place anywhere even when the overview map widget is open. Floating and vertical layouts don't experience run-away widgets.

• Overview map widget can be placed in any corner.

Tip: If you don't see the new pages, try emptying your browser cache, or wait a little for all our web servers to clear their caches...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/#/What_s_new_in_2_4/01m300000011000000/
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
DonCopple
Occasional Contributor III
I did this with a couple of them that I had.  I had to create a blank widget in Adobe Flash builder with a blank mxml and blank xml file in the new widget folder.  Once that was done, I copied the code from the old uncompiled widget and pasted within my new mxml file.  I then had to check to make sure any objects called still exist in 2.4, or if they are just named something different (checking code).  Do as I stated above for compiling, and recompile it.  That's all I can suggest.  You cannot make 2.3 coompiled widgets work in 2.4 that I know of.  Hope that helps....
0 Kudos
RichardButgereit
Occasional Contributor
Did anybody get the KML to work? I was able to bring in a KML layer (weather radar from National Weather Service), but it didn't overlay properly -- the image for the southeastern US was displayed over South America.

Are there specifics on specifications that should be made within <layer> to get KML to overlay properly?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard,

This is a known issue with the NWS kml and will likely be fixed in Version 2.5
0 Kudos