Select to view content in your preferred language

Add checkbox to splash screen to not show

12-20-2010 08:54 AM
RichardButgereit
Occasional Contributor
Has anybody thought about adding a check box to the Splash Screen so that once displayed, a user can elect to not have the it displayed the next time they visit the site?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard,

Here is a enhanced splash widget you might be interested in. It does not have a checkbox like you are asking about but it has other good features over the standard splash widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8492794bf5bf4358bca6cce29db31b14
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor
The idea has crossed my mind, I think that would be great enhancement to the splash screen.
I guess on of the problem is that if you don't want it to show, you don't want the widget to load at all, which probably means that you can't add all the code to the widget it self.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mattias,

As you mention the code that would have to check for the show the splash or not would have to be in the viewer framework some where if you did not want the widget to get loaded so for developing a self contained widget this is not practical.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard & Mattias,

The enhanced Splash widget has been updated to include a "Don't Show This Again" Option.
0 Kudos
IsaiahAguilera
Occasional Contributor II
Okay this seems like it should be easy but I cant seem to figure it out. In the process of configuring this widget I checked the Don't show again box and I cant seem to figure out how to reset that to show the splash screen again. If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Isaiah,

Those instructions are part of the Readme.txt.

* If you want to clear this setting on the particular cline machine then enter this url
  in a web browser and delete the website from the website storage list
  http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
  This action is just clearing the shared object cache for that site.
0 Kudos
IsaiahAguilera
Occasional Contributor II
Thank you Robert, I read the readme file but just skipped the changes part. My mistake, I appreciate it.
0 Kudos
AYounas
New Contributor III
Hi All,

Will it be possible to have our own checkbox and enable Agree button only if check box is checked?

I found this example here http://blog.flexexamples.com/wp-content/uploads/CheckBox_Button_test_2/bin/srcview/index.html But could not implement it on mySplash screen widget.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adi,

Sure that is possible you just have to understand the code . The buttons are dynamically added in the code. Look at the SpalshTitleWindow.mxml and find the AddButtons function. That is where you would add some logic for enabling or disabling the button whose action is close (meaning the agree button).
0 Kudos