Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.4 just released :)

07-28-2011 05:18 PM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Today we released version 2.4 of both ArcGIS API for Flex and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

There are lots of highlights to both Flex API and Flex Viewer.  Check out the What's New in the updated help for the full list of changes.  Here's my top-10 for the Viewer 2.4:

1. New Geoprocessing widget that works with almost any geoprocessing task.

2. Clustering of points from feature layers.

3. Configuring definition expression on sublayers within a layer of type="dynamic" (an ArcGIS Dynamic map Service).

4. Being able to set the widget size in the configuration file.

5. KML Layer - the <layer> tag supports type="kml".

6. Support for four new locales have been added - Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian and Russian - to the existing six locales.

7. Initial "view" of Search and Locate widget can be set in widget configuration file.

8. Works better with Adobe Flex 4.5 SDK.

9. Widgets can be centered using new verticalcenter and horizontalcenter.

10. Bug fixes:

• Color of hyperlinks in popup windows remain the same even after clicking the link.

• Multiple bug fixes related to widget layout locations and run-away widgets. Widgets can be place anywhere even when the overview map widget is open. Floating and vertical layouts don't experience run-away widgets.

• Overview map widget can be placed in any corner.

Tip: If you don't see the new pages, try emptying your browser cache, or wait a little for all our web servers to clear their caches...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/#/What_s_new_in_2_4/01m300000011000000/
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
MohdShah
New Contributor
nice ..
I try new geoprocessing widget in samples but got error ..
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/live/index.html?config=apps/config-geoprocessing.xml
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I try new geoprocessing widget in samples but got error ..
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/live/index.html?config=apps/config-geoprocessing.xml

This should be working now (some of the files hadn't been copied out). Please clear your browser cache and try again.
0 Kudos
NateSylvester
New Contributor
I've migrated from 2.3.1 to 2.4 by copying XML files.  The viewer appears to be working fine, except that the busy "clock" icon won't go away.

Nate S
0 Kudos
MehulChoksey
Esri Contributor
I've migrated from 2.3.1 to 2.4 by copying XML files.  The viewer appears to be working fine, except that the busy "clock" icon won't go away.

Nate S

Could you share your config?
0 Kudos
ariefarianto1
New Contributor
Hi Bjorn

I have download flex viewer 2.4 and unzipped it to my directory, then when I tried importing the project using flash builder  4.5, error notification come up with the text saying " error were encountered while importing the project. Reason : Invalid project description"

What happened with this? I didn't do anything except importing and trying to load the project.
btw I'm using OS w7 ultimate, whether this affected due to using this OS?
0 Kudos
NasifAlshaier
New Contributor
Hello..

I compile the new version and when I run it... I get a blank screen with a message on the bottom saying "error 2036".. pls advise if you have seen this error.

Thank you
Nasif
0 Kudos
ariefarianto1
New Contributor
Oops My Bad..sorry 😄

Ok, this the real...
after copied the xml files to the new viewer and running the project..it's to good to see that no error notification. But when I click the layer manger widget I get error notification following that the busy clock.
0 Kudos
LarryPhelps
Occasional Contributor
Today we released version 2.4 of both ArcGIS API for Flex and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

There are lots of highlights to both Flex API and Flex Viewer.  Check out the What's New in the updated help for the full list of changes.  Here's my top-10 for the Viewer 2.4:

1. New Geoprocessing widget that works with almost any geoprocessing task.

2. Clustering of points from feature layers.

3. Configuring definition expression on sublayers within a layer of type="dynamic" (an ArcGIS Dynamic map Service).

4. Being able to set the widget size in the configuration file.

5. KML Layer - the <layer> tag supports type="kml".

6. Support for four new locales have been added - Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian and Russian - to the existing six locales.

7. Initial "view" of Search and Locate widget can be set in widget configuration file.

8. Works better with Adobe Flex 4.5 SDK.

9. Widgets can be centered using new verticalcenter and horizontalcenter.

10. Bug fixes:

• Color of hyperlinks in popup windows remain the same even after clicking the link.

• Multiple bug fixes related to widget layout locations and run-away widgets. Widgets can be place anywhere even when the overview map widget is open. Floating and vertical layouts don't experience run-away widgets.

• Overview map widget can be placed in any corner.

Tip: If you don't see the new pages, try emptying your browser cache, or wait a little for all our web servers to clear their caches...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/#/What_s_new_in_2_4/01m300000011000000/

I am not seeing how to configure the Clustering on feature layers, am I overlooking something ?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I am not seeing how to configure the Clustering on feature layers, am I overlooking something ?

It hasn't made it in to the <layer> tag documentation yet, but there is a clustering sample listed on the "Samples" page.

I created a new thread with some examples - http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/35995-Clustering-in-viewer-2.4. Please use it for more questions on the existing clustering support (or wait for the documentation to be updated next week) 🙂

Note that the clustering shows symbols of different size (or not), but that the symbols are not clickable at this time, i.e. no "flare symbol" for version 2.4.  For the next release, we are looking at adding "flare" symbols that both show the individual symbol as well as its pop-up window...
0 Kudos