Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.4 just released :)

07-28-2011 05:18 PM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Today we released version 2.4 of both ArcGIS API for Flex and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

There are lots of highlights to both Flex API and Flex Viewer.  Check out the What's New in the updated help for the full list of changes.  Here's my top-10 for the Viewer 2.4:

1. New Geoprocessing widget that works with almost any geoprocessing task.

2. Clustering of points from feature layers.

3. Configuring definition expression on sublayers within a layer of type="dynamic" (an ArcGIS Dynamic map Service).

4. Being able to set the widget size in the configuration file.

5. KML Layer - the <layer> tag supports type="kml".

6. Support for four new locales have been added - Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian and Russian - to the existing six locales.

7. Initial "view" of Search and Locate widget can be set in widget configuration file.

8. Works better with Adobe Flex 4.5 SDK.

9. Widgets can be centered using new verticalcenter and horizontalcenter.

10. Bug fixes:

• Color of hyperlinks in popup windows remain the same even after clicking the link.

• Multiple bug fixes related to widget layout locations and run-away widgets. Widgets can be place anywhere even when the overview map widget is open. Floating and vertical layouts don't experience run-away widgets.

• Overview map widget can be placed in any corner.

Tip: If you don't see the new pages, try emptying your browser cache, or wait a little for all our web servers to clear their caches...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/#/What_s_new_in_2_4/01m300000011000000/
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
NedCake
New Contributor III
See a fix for this here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/36513-2.4-PopUp-scrollbar-bug

Hi Dasa,
Thanks for the response. Can you please provide more specific information on how and where to apply this bug fix in SFV2.4? I assumed it went in the viewer's skins folder but that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks again
Ned
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ned,

In the Flex Viewer project right click on src folder in the Package Explorer and choose New > Package and for the name field put com.esri.ags.skins and then paste the PopUpRendererSkin.mxml into that Package/folder and run the Flex Viewer project again.
0 Kudos
NedCake
New Contributor III
Ned,

In the Flex Viewer project right click on src folder in the Package Explorer and choose New > Package and for the name field put com.esri.ags.skins and then paste the PopUpRendererSkin.mxml into that Package/folder and run the Flex Viewer project again.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the response Robert.

Ned
0 Kudos
dmacq
by
New Contributor III
Just moved from 2.1 to 2.4.  Why is it shortening my the widget bar title with "..."?  I took a word off the title, and it's still shortening my shortened title.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Drew,

In version 2.4 they set a maxWidth of the title to 300.

<components:AutoFontLabel id="bannerTitle"
                                              maxWidth="300"
                                              styleName="BannerTitle"/>
                    <components:AutoFontLabel id="bannerSubtitle"
                                              maxWidth="300"
                                              styleName="BannerSubtitle"
                                              updateComplete="onSubTitleUpdateComplete(event)"/>
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
Ned,

What about those of us using the compiled version?  I don't have an src folder and have no idea what the Package Explorer is.  The compiled viewer is great if you want a canned version of it.  Any customizations apparently require the uncompiled version.  This is not very user friendly for the non-developer crowd.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Is it possible for the users still  to have the access to the help and examples for 2.3.X?

We try to as clearly as possible mark the documentation with whatever changes have been made (and at which version).  So you should be able to use the current documentation even for older 2.x version. 

For example, in "The Layer tag" it says:
* kml: a KML feed. [Added in version 2.4]

An alternative if you really want to see the doc as it was when we released a specific version, is to get the DVD for the ArcGIS API/Viewer of Flex. You can order the DVD from Esri Customer Services (call or go to http://service.esri.com).
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Initial "view" of Search and Locate widget can be set in widget configuration file.
I cannot find the example of where to put this or what the syntax is in the help, any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lee,

Just put an initialview element in the xml like this:

<initialview>text</initialview>
<!-- valid values are text and graphical -->
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Robert!  Not fair of esri advertising it and not putting it in the help, at least anywhere I could find.
0 Kudos