Who uses SAP Hana and Utility Network

09-18-2019 04:15 AM
UlrichSeiler
New Contributor

Hi, We need for a project some references.

Did somebody uses SAP HANA whith ArcGIS Pro / 10.7.1 and Utility Network to save the GIS-Data  ?

Wich Storage Format did you use in HANA ?

Is the perfomance good -in diffrence to ORACLE- ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Ulrich,

I hope someone from Esri Inc PS Team replies to this message as I have seen a slide from a presentation that showed DB performance comparing to HANA, SQL Server, Oracle & PostgreSQL and was little surprised that PostgreSQL had the best performance. I can't tell you what the metrics where and believe was SQL Server was the next.

With HANA & ArcGIS Enterprise, I have seen a setup of this in a AWS instance as a Proof of Concept for the organisation I work for. If you reach out to Tom Turchioe from SAP he helped us out and also has a few blogs on this topic.

Good luck

geopamplona
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have a UtilityNetwork implementation deployed on SQL Server, and we noticed performance loss when concurrently querying utilitynetwork based maps.

For example, we have 60 layers attacking utilitynetwork assetgroup and assettype, and the map server response times on average is 6 seconds.

We believe this is due to poor map design and poor database performance when receiving multiple concurrent requests from web viewers.

The question is whether, in terms of data query, there is a difference between sql server and hana or other database systems?

0 Kudos