Utility Network - Parallel Tier Ranks

02-13-2020 02:38 AM
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for some support in how to configure parallel ranks.  The documentation on Tiers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation states:

Tier rank

In a domain network, the relative position of a tier is called a rank. Ranks control the trace order of subnetworks from different tiers. A rank value is assigned to a tier when it's created. A value of 1 represents the highest rank, and higher numeric values represent tiers with lower rank.

Parallel ranks are supported for both tier definitions. For example, in a gas network, the System tier and Gathering tier can both have a rank of 3.

We defined our tiers with parallel ranks in our model:

This produced the following error when applying the AP.

2020-02-12 14:45:04 The asset package has the following errors (1/1):     Item Field   OID Value         Message  Level0  B_Tier  rank  None  None  Rank must be 2  error

Failed to execute (AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork).

Once we changed the ranks to sequential 1-11 there were no issues.

We are using Pro2.4.3, 10.7.1

Any help would be fantastic, not sure if you could offer help Remi Myers‌ or Paul LeBlanc‌.

15 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

This is resolved in untools 2.5.0 I believe.

DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Paul for the quick reply.  I will look into what impacts going to Pro 2.5 / untools 2.5 will have for our project.

DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul LeBlanc‌, thanks for your reply. I've been helping Damien Pyne‌ on debugging this error.

I've just installed untools v2.5 on my machine (ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2)

and then, I run the Apply Asset Package against 2 different EGDBs. Please see below the error messages I'm getting:

1. Applying the Asset Package to an Utility Network containing pre-defined Tiers:

2. Applying the Asset Package to an Utility Network without pre-defined Tiers:

The second error message is externally the same message that we received when using untools v2.4.3.

Please note that, even though I was able to successfully install the untools v2.5 on an ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2, the GP Tool "Apply Asset Package" still calling the version 2.4.3 of the untools. 

Do I need to upgrade ArcPro to 2.5 in order to run the version 2.5 of the untools? 

Thanks for your help!

PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

You don't have untools 2.5.0, you have dmtools*. untools has a much stronger tie to specific builds of Pro, so if you want untools 2.5.X you need Pro 2.5.X

*Note, dmtools is not officially supported.

0 Kudos
DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul LeBlanc‌, thanks for your prompt reply and for bringing to my attention that I was looking at the wrong tool.

If I upgrade Pro to 2.5, do I also need to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise to 10.8? Or, can I still use Pro 2.5 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and the Utility Network Extension?

Thank you

PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

You do not need to upgrade Enterprise.

One benefit of Pro 2.5 that you might find useful is file geodatabase UNs.

DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Thanks Paul LeBlanc

Damien Pyne‌ - FYI

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Paul.

So Dan will build the AP in pro 2.5/untools 2.5.  This means we will need to build/deploy the UN with pro2.5/untools2.5.  Does this have any impact for the users?  Will they also need to be lifted to Pro2.5?

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Because Pro 2.4 and Pro 2.5 create a release 3 UN, you can create your UN with Pro 2.4, apply the asset package with Pro 2.5 (which is really needed for untools 2.5), and then enable/publish with Pro 2.4.