Utility Network Model Diagrams

05-16-2020 11:49 PM
Taladi
by
New Contributor III

Dear All,

Good morning. May I know where can I get the Utility Network Model Diagrams like below.
Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

UNM Diagram

7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Venkat,

> May I know where can I get the Utility Network Model Diagrams like below.

Please take a look at this FAQ doc,

FAQ: Does Esri have industry-specific Data Models? 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Taladi
by
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I am looking for the exact electrical model diagram which is presented in the above image. The image is part of one  the ESRI presentation and notation in the diagram uses latest ESRI UN network model terminology

If possible kindly provide the link for above diagram.

Thank you for the help.

DerekLaw

Hi Venkat,

> I am looking for the exact electrical model diagram which is presented in the above image. The image is part of one  the ESRI presentation and notation in the diagram uses latest ESRI UN network model terminology

I'm not familiar with this presentation, do you have a link to it? Do you know who the presenters were? Then maybe I can help track it down for you.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

These diagrams are no longer maintained as they do not go down to the Asset Type.

If you would like to explore the data model, please check out the data dictionary here. https://solutions.arcgis.com/utilities/data-dictionary/index.html?cacheId=973ed85059b545cd977d1abf1220aa1c

Taladi
by
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Following is the link for presentation done at GEOCONX 2019 and presented by John Aslup,Jason Channin, Saranya Kesavan and John Long. Kindly refer slide 4 for diagram screenshot.

https://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/eurogeoconx19/papers/egxc_18.pdf 

@Michael MIller, The link you shared has good details on the electrical datamodel. Thank you for sharing It would be helpful if you can share with graphical representation of the same as model diagram. 

Thank you for the Help.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Venkat,

> Following is the link for presentation done at GEOCONX 2019 and presented by John Aslup,Jason Channin, Saranya Kesavan and John Long. Kindly refer slide 4 for diagram screenshot.

I've been informed by the presenters that the data model diagram you're looking for is no longer applicable, as Michael said previously. Sorry.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Jen_Zumbado-Hannibal
Occasional Contributor

@DerekLaw , 

Even if they don't go to the asset type...they looked very useful. 

I'm a visual learner and having these models, even though outdated, is still better than nothing. The data dictionary doesn't give me the overview I'm looking for like in previous GN models. 

At least...will the authors republish them to include the recent changes? 

Jen Zumbado-Hannibal, GISP
GIS Coordinator
City of Forest Grove
Forest Grove, OR 97116