Select to view content in your preferred language

Subnetwork Will Not Update Past First Pipe

Jump to solution
04-04-2023 04:35 AM
ZachLawlor
New Contributor II

We are working on deploying a gas UN in a FGDB and are running into some weird behavior when running the Update Subnetwork tool. For some reason, any feature that is appended or copied over from our non-Utility Network dataset will not have the subnetwork attribute updated past the first intersecting pipe. Alternatively, when we manually digitize the new features, the subnetwork will populate past the first intersecting pipe. Not sure what is going on, but any input would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The first pipe is acting like a barrier so you should check the condition barriers for the tier definition and the attributes on your pipe. Since I don't know exactly what model you're using, only that you're using pipe, my recommendation is you check that the lifecycle status field of your features are populated to 'in service' and that their cp traceability field is set to 0 or 1.

You can learn more about why this is important by reading the barriers section of the online help. My assumption is that, because of their attribution, your pipes are acting as dynamic barriers because their attributes match the conditions of the condition barriers for your subnetworks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you run a find connected trace.  Are the feature returned in a selection set?

0 Kudos
ZachLawlor
New Contributor II

@MikeMillerGIS After running the find connected trace they come back as selected. All of the features have the "Is Connected" attribute as True.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The first pipe is acting like a barrier so you should check the condition barriers for the tier definition and the attributes on your pipe. Since I don't know exactly what model you're using, only that you're using pipe, my recommendation is you check that the lifecycle status field of your features are populated to 'in service' and that their cp traceability field is set to 0 or 1.

You can learn more about why this is important by reading the barriers section of the online help. My assumption is that, because of their attribution, your pipes are acting as dynamic barriers because their attributes match the conditions of the condition barriers for your subnetworks.

0 Kudos
ZachLawlor
New Contributor II

@RobertKrisher Looks like that did the trick. Cannot believe I overlooked that. Thanks a bunch for the quick reply!

0 Kudos