Select to view content in your preferred language

Subnetwork Field Name Allows Null Value in Add Tier

05-28-2024 10:30 PM
PY__
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello all,

I have encountered error while trying to Create Rename Table in Asset Package with the following errors:

KateY_0-1716960187280.png

This error suggesting that Subnetwork Field Name which created by system when running Add Tier tool should be not nullable. But I did noticed that Add Tiers tools will create a Subnetwork Field Name that accept nulls value (I was just trying to add one more tier in the single-user Utility Network). 

KateY_1-1716960459747.png

Was wondering why is it so? And how to ensure Subnetwork Field Name created is not nullable.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

When you add a tier and there is data, it cannot add it as nullable.  In the asset package, just delete those fields from your classes.  The apply asset package will add these fields/tiers before data so they will be added correctly as nullable.  

PY__
by
Emerging Contributor

Thanks @MikeMillerGIS ! Rename Table can be created now. But I have a follow-up question on this. Lets say if I create a new Tier (Water Pressure) in the UNM (has data), and continue to use this UNM model, will this nullable subnetwork field name impact anything in the UNM (not the AssetPackage)?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I do not think there is a big impact.  Maybe affects the index long term, not really sure.

0 Kudos