Sharing Utility Network features as WFS/WMS

Jump to solution
09-06-2022 11:24 PM
RafaEsteveMartínez
New Contributor II

Hi.

We need to share our Utility Network features as WFS and WMS services, for inter-operability and backwards compatibility reasons.

We could enable the WFS and WMS capabilities in the Utility Network capabilities section, but we were wondering if that would be the best option, or it would be better to create a separate service (a non-UN one) just for sharing those layers as WFS/WMS.

Are there some good practices or recomendations regarding this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Rafa,

I personally would create a separate service for the visualisation purposes of the UN features.

In the Electric Utility I work for we have the UNM service is used just for editing the network, UN functions only on a separate server site and the visualisation services is published to a different server site to have different symbology, configurations, number of instances, different server sizes in AWS. Having different services allows you to control access via portal groups (eg. security). Esri Inc does have a document relating to best practices and an item on there talks about workload separation and the above is how we have tackled that 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Rafa,

I personally would create a separate service for the visualisation purposes of the UN features.

In the Electric Utility I work for we have the UNM service is used just for editing the network, UN functions only on a separate server site and the visualisation services is published to a different server site to have different symbology, configurations, number of instances, different server sizes in AWS. Having different services allows you to control access via portal groups (eg. security). Esri Inc does have a document relating to best practices and an item on there talks about workload separation and the above is how we have tackled that