Jump to solution
08-04-2022 05:03 AM
FynnScharpen
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning, 

my friend and I defined our first network rules today by using the rule types:

1. junction junction connectivity
  2. junction edge connectivity

After reactivating the network topology we stumbled upon a lot of errors. We were able to fix a lot of them but couldn't solve errors with statuses 21 and 25.

Error code 21 means: 

"Duplicate vertices. A linear network feature has vertices existing in the same x,y, and z locations. For example, a gravity pipe has missing z-values. This could also be encountered in cases in which a line has fewer than two vertices or in which a line feature has a length within the tolerance."

Error code 25 means: 

"Stacked point features. Two or more points are geometrically coincident. For example, a service point and a voltage regulator have the same x,y, and z coordinates. Some features cannot exist in the same location, while others can." 

We have stacked point features but thought we will need them later since these locations define the position of a distribution box and also deliver the information on how the cables from the main cable network will be split in the distribution cable network.

The error 21 we don't understand at all. Maybe someone can give us further details.

Thankyou in advance and Greetings from Germany, Fynn and Luca

1.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Try running your lines through Repair Geometry.  This has an option to remove Duplicate Vertices.  This error indicates some of your line features have more than one vertex at the same X,Y,Z.

View solution in original post

MikeMillerGIS

For the stacked points, you can offset the Z and leave them stacked on the XY and that will remove that error.

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Manually step through the vertices of each line using ArcGIS Pro. You may find that you have cutbacks, self intersecting lines, or vertices that are very close but not truly duplicate (within the xy tolerance but greater than the xy resolution).

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

Try running your lines through Repair Geometry.  This has an option to remove Duplicate Vertices.  This error indicates some of your line features have more than one vertex at the same X,Y,Z.

MikeMillerGIS

For the stacked points, you can offset the Z and leave them stacked on the XY and that will remove that error.

FynnScharpen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick response! Ill test soon and keep you updated 🙂

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

For a detailed breakdown on more of the error codes and some of the other possible resolutions, check out the "Topology Error" blogs listed on this page: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-utility-network-documents/utility-network-error-management-refe...

0 Kudos
FynnScharpen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert, but I already found that detailed breakdown which unfortunately didn't fit my needs 😞

0 Kudos
FynnScharpen
Occasional Contributor

Pls, stop setting things to "solution" if I didn't try yet...

Mikes 2nd suggestion for the stacked points worked out perfectly. Thats solved but suggestion 1 for the vertices brought up even more errors. Error 21 is still existent and in addition, I got a bunch of error 10s: Invalid connectivity - The edges are different subtypes and cannot connect. So I checked the error description.

It's true both are different subtypes but are properly classified and have a point in between. Moreover, the point has two junction edge rules one for each individual line. It doesnt make sense to me.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Fixing the stacked points probably caused the Error 10s.  Make sure the point at the same XYZ as the line has a rule.  Check to see if that point is a device and has terminal configurations

FynnScharpen
Occasional Contributor

You are right! I solved that. Back to 51 errors only duplicate vertices. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
FynnScharpen
Occasional Contributor

I also used check geometry for the cables and the table which is listing all problems is empty. 

0 Kudos