Select to view content in your preferred language

Modify Associations Pane: Existing Association Error

Jump to solution
04-14-2024 08:10 PM
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

We are in the process of upgrading from system from Ent10.8.1, AGP2.7.4, UN3 to Ent 11.1, AGP3.2 (or greater) and UNM6. 

One of our workflows, when setting associations, users will typically do a broader select to update associations, trusting the system to make the appropriate selection, based on our configured rules, then review and apply.  In AGP2.7.4 this can handle where an association already exists and only apply the changes.  In AGP3.2 (and proven back in AGP2.9) users receive an error if an association already exists, and the modify associations pane shows the  duplicate entry (shown below)

DamienPyne_0-1713150157565.png

User receives an error message when pressing apply.  This error remains until the user removes the duplicate record.

DamienPyne_1-1713150185804.png

Is this expected behaviour?  Surely the tool can handle checking if the association exists or not like it does in AGP2.7.4.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

This is not the expected behavior, but I am not able to reproduce it on the latest version of the software. That means that it is likely a bug that we fixed some time ago. Can you test this out using ArcGIS Pro 31? That's the latest network management release version of ArcGIS Pro.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

This is not the expected behavior, but I am not able to reproduce it on the latest version of the software. That means that it is likely a bug that we fixed some time ago. Can you test this out using ArcGIS Pro 31? That's the latest network management release version of ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @RobertKrisher I will get an installation of 3.1, test and advise.

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

This works as expected in agp31.  I will get a ticket raised for agp3.2

0 Kudos