Is it possible to use utility network trace on web app builder?

Jump to solution
07-06-2022 11:32 PM
YiuTungNicholasTse
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I  have a utility network published to my enterprise portal (10.9.1), I was wondering if there are any tracing tools that I could use on my utility network after creating a web app.

I have web app builder developer's edition and I once used a UN tracing that i found on GitHub (currently taken down). So I was wondering if there are any other ways to use the Utility Network trace on a web environment.  

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @YiuTungNicholasTse ,

The UtilityNetworkTrace widget is provided in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4x for developers who want to build custom applications.

This same widget is also available in the current Experience Builder developer edition 1.8 (and with some bug fixes in the upcoming 1.9 edition to be released in about 2 weeks).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @YiuTungNicholasTse ,

The UtilityNetworkTrace widget is provided in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4x for developers who want to build custom applications.

This same widget is also available in the current Experience Builder developer edition 1.8 (and with some bug fixes in the upcoming 1.9 edition to be released in about 2 weeks).

YiuTungNicholasTse
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for the suggestion @AlixVezina !

I have tried do it on the experience builder developers edition. After publishing the web map with Utility Network & trace configuration, I've add it to the app and tried to link the trace widget to the map, it seems like It does not recognize my network?

I have previously followed this guide to upload my other utility network, is this no longer a valid method?

https://solutions.arcgis.com/electric/help/electric-utility-network-foundation/get-started/publish-e...

YiuTungNicholasTse_1-1657249444838.png

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@YiuTungNicholasTse , when creating the web map, were you able to follow the steps as described in this blog? Configure an Application to Trace a Utility Network (esri.com) - in summary:

1. make sure the utility network features service is added to your map in ArcGIS Pro
  2. sign in to your target organization (if not already)
  3. share the trace configurations as active for the map
  4. and finally share the web map to your target org

Note that the utility network feature service should not be shared for public access - a login prompt is required and the user account that logs in needs to have the ArcGIS Utility Network user type extension assigned.

YiuTungNicholasTse
New Contributor II

Thank you for your support @AlixVezina! I have found out the reason why it did not recognize the utility network. 

Apparently I was uploading the webmap with the wrong source (the UN within the enterprise connection SDE). I wasn't aware that the tool requires uploading the webmap  from the previously uploaded UN feature service stored in my portal. Once sharing webmap with trace config with the right source, the tracing tool recognizes my UN.

Sorry but I have one more question. Could there be any chance that the tracing tool on experience builder supports a 3D utility network?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@YiuTungNicholasTse 

Could there be any chance that the tracing tool on experience builder supports a 3D utility network?

Unfortunately, that is not yet supported.

0 Kudos
YiuTungNicholasTse
New Contributor II

Alright, thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos