Export Network Diagrams

04-01-2022 09:20 AM
FabianoFerrazza1
New Contributor II

Hi,

is it possible export a network diagram "offline"? For example, in a file geodatabase?

Thank you!

Fabiano

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The network diagram is temporary by default, so first you will need to store it. To do this, use the Store Diagram tool from the Network Diagram toolset. This stores it in your database, so you should be able to export it.

0 Kudos
FabianoFerrazza3
New Contributor II

Hi Justin,

thanks for answering. 

Yes, i speak about export AFTER the store. Is there any tool for this? I haven't found yet.

Thank you!

Fabiano

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a link to the page documenting the use of the Export Diagram Content tool. Also, there is an Export Diagram Content command at the bottom of the Find Diagrams pane. Hope this helps.

Export Diagram Content (Network Diagram)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
FabianoFerrazza3
New Contributor II

Hi Justin,

this solution export a JSON that describe the diagram and I can imagine that it permit the import in another arcgis pro.

I need to export the diagram for offline work: this json is utilizable (for example) by a mobile client? Alternatively, is possible to export a diagram in a file geodatabase (as a set of feature class)?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found this for creating a layer from the diagram.

Make Diagram Layer (Network Diagram)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Again, I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hi @FabianoFerrazza1 @FabianoFerrazza3 

Indeed, Export Diagram Content exports a JSON that describes the diagram; then, this file can be used for data control, network calculation or analysis, or to feed external systems. You have no other way to export diagram content at the moment. Do you expect a tool to export diagram content into feature classes/shape files in a file geodatabase? Note that even if such a tool doesn't exist as a core tool with ArcGIS Pro, you can develop an ArcGIS Pro custom add-in command to do that using ArcGIS Pro .NET SDK API (see https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/sdk/api-reference/#topic17701.html for the Network Diagram API).

Please let me know if you need some guidance to code such a command.

This being said, could you please tell us more about what motivate such an export command? Once your diagram exported to a file geodatabse, what do you expect to do with it exactly?

Thanks

Anne-Yvonne
Thanks

0 Kudos
AnneYvonneBlin
Esri Contributor

Hello @FabianoFerrazza1 @FabianoFerrazza3 

We've just released an add-in sample command to export any network diagram content into a set of feature classes in a feature dataset in a local geodatabase (File or Mobile)
arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/NetworkDiagram at master · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples · ...
Hopping this sample add-in fits your expectations and will help you going on step further with network diagrams
Anne-Yvonne

0 Kudos