Erro: The value type is inconsistent with other associated value types...

290
7
10-27-2020 01:43 PM
New Contributor III

I've published a Utility Network to portal but when I try to add the UN or any of its layers to a new map, I get this error...

"The value type is inconsistent with other associated value types in the coded value domain."

I got this when loading some data into one of our testing systems.  I was never able to figure it out but when I build a new test system, I didn't seem to be getting it there.  Well, now it's showing up on this new system and data that worked before is not working anymore.  I couldn't find any logs or anything that would give any additional details about what value type or coded domain is the issue.  Is there any way to know what ArcPro doesn't like with the data that can be fixed?

Windows Server 2019

ArcGIS Server 10.8.1

ArcGIS Portal 10.8.1

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

SQL Server 2017

Tags (2)
Reply
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esri Contributor

Do you have access to ArcGIS Server logs? There might be some more info there.

Reply
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Yes, I looked for any logs under the arcgisserver and arcgisportal folders that were updated around the time of this error and there was nothing.  I can't find any log on the system that would seem to happen as the same time as this error or would seem to be related to something with this error.

I did find a previous copy of the data that did work fine and reloaded/published and it worked again.  So it does seem that it is likely some data issues in the current asset package database that is causing it.  I just have not been able to find what specifically might be different between the databases that I could explain the error.  Only option I have right now is a bunch of trial and error to see if I can find anything that causes it change from working to not.  But loading and publishing the data takes a couple of hours each time so it's a very slow process.  If Pro could just tell me where if found the error it's reporting, I could fix it and move on.

Reply
0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

You don't need to look on disk, you can change server manager (temporarily) to use debug logs.

If you only load the asset package schema and publish that, do you get the same error? I don't think this is a data error, but a schema one.

Reply
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I thought I had something for a moment.  First, I checked the logs after changing the logging level.  There was a lot of stuff in there but nothing that seemed to suggest any problems that I could find.  I then tried loading the schema only and got the same error.  So as you suggested, seemed like it was not a data issue.  I then tried loading an older version of the data and it did publish successfully.  There was some minor changes to the UN properties so this sounded like it might explain the issue.  But I wasn't able to find these changes.  Not sure where they went.  And now I seem to be where I thought I was before where any version of the asset package, even ones that worked before give this error.  So this makes it seem like something broke in the system and nothing will work now.  Tomorrow, I might have to try another system to see if I can get anything to publish there.  But this is what I thought I remember from last time.  Once I started getting this error, I would always get it even with data that worked before.  So without any detail about what causes this error, I have very little to go off of to look into what to change to avoid it.

Reply
0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

Ok good, so it's nothing to do with data.

Are you publishing with the default symbology from adding the UN + layers to a map or have you changed it any? If you share the asset package schema (pleblanc@esri.com) I can take a look on my end.

Reply
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I don't believe this is actually a data or schema issue but some issue in ArcPro, Portal or Server.  I logged into another server I had been doing some testing with and attempted to load and publish this same data.  No error.  So it seems like this is as I described originally.  I got this error on one system, moved to a new system and no error.  Then I got the error eventually on that system, move to another new system and no error.  Once the error happens, it seems to happen pretty much every time.  Even after deleting the published layers and starting with an empty database.  There seems to be something that is being remembered that once triggered is causing this error.

Reply
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Well, I keep going back and forth on this one.  I saw there was an update for Pro to 2.6.3.  I installed this update on a system that was getting this error and I was able to publish and access my data again.  For a time.  But the error came back.  Another system I built to get around this issue was working fine for a bit but now is also getting this error.  I found that I was able to restore an existing SQL backup and publish that without error.  But starting with an empty database and applying the same asset package that was in the SQL backup will give the error.  So again, without any specific details from Pro about what values specifically it has a problem with, I have no way to track down if it's a data issue or possibly a processing issue.  This most recent tests suggests that it might be a data issue.  But possibly the data that is being generated by the loading of the asset package or some other process involved before publishing the layers.

Reply
0 Kudos