Does Utility Network support GDB replication?

Jump to solution
10-29-2019 04:45 PM
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a client who is moving to Utility Network. This client has System of Record and System of Publication geodatabases with GDB replication set-up in the existing system without UN. The question is, does Utility Network topology fully support EGDB to EGDB replication. Has anyone set this up in a production environment? Are there any technical challenges we need to be aware of? Client wishes to run the traces in a Web Environment using publication geodatabase and WAB widgets.

Thanks,

Vish

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vish Apte‌ 

Confirmed with Utility Network Product team that Geodatabase replication for Utility Network is currently unsupported. There is no fixed timeline that when this will be available.  Let me know if you need more details and I will be happy to follow up with the product team.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PeterLambert1
New Contributor

Vish ApteRushi AminManoj Patil‌ - Gents is this a question for Friday mornings session this week with Remi?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure I will check with Remi during the meeting.

As per my understanding, the core geodatabase replication workflows are available in  ArcGIS Pro 2.5 (Beta) and will available in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 soon.

I don't see anything on the Utility Network roadmap about GDB replication.

ArcGIS Pro Roadmap - July 2019 

2019 Esri User Conference Q&A | UC Resources 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vish Apte‌ 

Confirmed with Utility Network Product team that Geodatabase replication for Utility Network is currently unsupported. There is no fixed timeline that when this will be available.  Let me know if you need more details and I will be happy to follow up with the product team.

MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Thank you Rushi for answering - here is the section that will be released in the 2.5 ArcGIS Pro web helps that explains the types of data types that are supported. The key factor here is that geodatabase replication is built on top of traditional versioning. Newer services based datasets created in ArcGIS Pro like the utility network and parcel fabric use branch versioning when implemented in enterprise geodatabases.

When the ArcGIS Pro 2.5 documentation goes live early in February, the following page can be referenced: 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geodatabases/overview/introduction-to-distributed-data.h... 

hazelnutz08
New Contributor

Hi all,

What would be the method of replicating Utility Network data to other systems who may require our data? if database replication is not supported.

ZacharyKing
New Contributor II

I would also be interested in replication alternatives for Utility Network feature classes. Could something be set up on DB itself or using FME to distribute the layers for consumption by third party applications? Theoretically I know this can be done a couple ways however, would doing so cause any issues on the ESRI side of things? Primarily concerned with feature classes that are consumed by third party applications and not the Utility Network layer.

islamsaied
New Contributor

Is there any update regarding the possibility of replication for utility network dataset and what are the available alternatives if it is not yet supported @Anonymous User 

JBeasley
New Contributor III

This thread is a bit old, but I recently had a call with Esri support to find an alternative to replication when using branch versioned datasets. We have not implemented their suggestion yet, but I want to share their "solution" with other. 

Collaborations should be used to "replicate" the data to either other internal enterprises (prod to stage, for example) or to partner's enterprises. In a distributed collaboration, the services should be shared as copies, not references. The copying via the collab should be scheduled on a regular basis and can be paused at any time. Sync must be enabled on the service. 

Hope this helps someone. I don't love the answer, but we will be attempting it soon. If anyone else gives this a go, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.