Select to view content in your preferred language

Blown Fiber Workflow in Communication Model

Jump to solution
12-08-2023 04:39 AM
JürgenBiendara
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

My question relates to the Utility Network Communication model. How can I implement the "Blown Fiber" workflow with the data model?

Theoretically, I would first create the structural network from microduct casings and microducts, in which the microducts are connected up to the NIU. I would then do a downstream or upstream trace at the microduct level to determine the entire microduct path from the hub terminator to the NIU. I would then virtually blow my optical fiber into this microduct path.

If I understand correctly, it is in general not possible to run a trace on the structure network, this is only possible for domain networks.

Is my understanding of the Utility Network correct or is there a way to map the "Blown Fiber" workflow with the Communication data model?

If anyone has any ideas on this, please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Juergen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

You can do a trace on the structure network, you just can't do a directional trace of any kind.  You would need to place two start points and executed a find shortest path to find the microducts you want to blow the fiber strands in.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

You can do a trace on the structure network, you just can't do a directional trace of any kind.  You would need to place two start points and executed a find shortest path to find the microducts you want to blow the fiber strands in.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos