ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Utility network tracing with “connected” type ends up with “invalid tracing locations schema” error,

Jump to solution
07-18-2020 12:42 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Utility network tracing with “connected” type ends up with “invalid tracing locations schema” error,

I couldn’t figure out why the Utility network tracing with “connected” type ends up with the error below:

“ERROR 001911: Invalid tracing locations schema. The SOURCEID, FEATUREGLOBALID, and TERMINALID fields are required”

How this can be fixed?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Jamal NUMAN‌  Thank you for reaching out with this issue.  The reason for this error is that you are using a feature class for starting points that does not posess the necessary schema.  Any feature class can be used as a Starting Point or Barrier as long as the feature class has SOURCEID and FEATUREGLOBALID fields which are populated with info from the associated network feature.  

For example, in the below screenshot I have created a new feature class to store my starting points.  This contains two records with points that lay upon a pipeline layer with SOURCEID = 10.  Only one of the two is populated with a FEATUREGLOBALID however which corresponds with the GLOBALID of the feature on which it is placed.Example feature class for input starting point features

Starting points without both the SOURCEID and FEATUREGLOBALID populated are ignored, while feature classes input as Starting Points in the trace tool without thee fields will cause the trace to fail. TERMINALID is optional.

From this error, I can see that this needs to be communicated more clearly and we will update the error as well as the topics that discuss Starting Points and Barriers in more detail to address this.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Jamal NUMAN‌  Thank you for reaching out with this issue.  The reason for this error is that you are using a feature class for starting points that does not posess the necessary schema.  Any feature class can be used as a Starting Point or Barrier as long as the feature class has SOURCEID and FEATUREGLOBALID fields which are populated with info from the associated network feature.  

For example, in the below screenshot I have created a new feature class to store my starting points.  This contains two records with points that lay upon a pipeline layer with SOURCEID = 10.  Only one of the two is populated with a FEATUREGLOBALID however which corresponds with the GLOBALID of the feature on which it is placed.Example feature class for input starting point features

Starting points without both the SOURCEID and FEATUREGLOBALID populated are ignored, while feature classes input as Starting Points in the trace tool without thee fields will cause the trace to fail. TERMINALID is optional.

From this error, I can see that this needs to be communicated more clearly and we will update the error as well as the topics that discuss Starting Points and Barriers in more detail to address this.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Jon

RafaelFernandes_de_Souza
New Contributor III

Hello Jonathan,

What are the data types for the fields needed?

I've added the field and the error continues.

JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Hi Rafael -

SOURCEID is a long integer field and FEATUREGLOBALID is a guid.  Please note that you must supply the Source ID and Feature Global ID value for the feature on which you are placing the starting point. 

RafaelFernandes_de_Souza
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan.

Thank You for the answer.

CatWhitaker
New Contributor II

Hey, if my layer does not have the SourceID or the FeatureGlobalID for the feature layer I am trying to use as my starting points. What is the best way to recreate these? I see that you replied that SOURCEID is a long integer field and FEATUREGLOBALID is a guid. So where do I find the "the Source ID and Feature Global ID value"?  

0 Kudos
TJ_Houle
New Contributor III

Hi there- 

I wanted to check in about the field type - the FeatureSourceID field referenced in the 2020 UPDM model is noted as a Small Integer- is there a reason that your field has a different type? 

she/her/hers