Apply Asset Package Error: Valid Paths are only valid for 3 or 4 terminal configurations

Jump to solution
05-21-2020 10:05 PM
DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I came across this error when trying to apply an Asset Package to an Enterprise Utility Network Geodatabase"

Error: Junction Pillar -  Valid Paths are only valid for 3 or 4 terminal configurations error

We have defined Junction Pillar features with 8 terminals in the data model. In the Asset Package B_tables, we have the 8 Junction Pillar terminals defined in the the B_TerminalConfiguration_Terminals table and valid paths defined in the B_TerminalConfiguartion_ValidPath table, as per below:

By removing the Junction Pillar entry out of the B_TerminalConfiguartion_ValidPath table, I was able to successfully apply the Asset Package to the Utility Network.

Question:

Why Valid Paths are only valid for 3 or 4 terminal configurations? (and not also for terminal configurations greater then 4?)

Thanks

Damien Pyne‌  - FYI

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Add Terminal Configuration—Utility Network Toolbox | Documentation The asset package is enforcing this limitation in the utility network.

Based on your screenshot, you are only defining the "All" path which all terminal configurations support (along with "None"). What would you like to do with paths on an 8 terminal device?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Add Terminal Configuration—Utility Network Toolbox | Documentation The asset package is enforcing this limitation in the utility network.

Based on your screenshot, you are only defining the "All" path which all terminal configurations support (along with "None"). What would you like to do with paths on an 8 terminal device?

DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Thanks Paul LeBlanc  for your prompt response.

We are developing our communication domain network, and we created the Junction Pillar feature (with 8 terminals) to test a couple of things.

We don't actually have a use case where would would need to define which paths would be valid whiting this 8 terminal feature. So, after some thoughts, I don't believe that configuration is necessary at this stage. 

Thanks for pointing out the Esri documentation, which clearly states that valid paths are only valid for 3 or 4 terminal configurations.

Regards

0 Kudos