Webhook JSON length limit?

Jump to solution
07-21-2020 07:04 AM
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to know if there was a limit to the length of the JSON data sent through the webhook.  I have a very long survey with many repeating photo questions.  I was having problems getting my webhook to work, when I was testing it, it was fine, but was not working for my clients.  I performed a more robust test and wrote the incoming JSON data to a log file.  The JSON data appears to be cut off (I attached the data).

Is it possible the length of the JSON data is too long and trimmed before sent in the webhook?

I published the survey with Survey123 Connect version 3.9.120 and am using the IOS app Survey123 version 3.9.149 on an ipad.

Thanks,

Jamie Kelly

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

Found the issue, our company Web Application Filter (Barricuda) was cutting the JSON the number of Keys was exceeding the maximum limit set.  Our information technology department updated the setting and working as expected.  Thanks James Tedrick‌.  Finding out that there wasn't a limit with regards to the JSON in Survey123 webhooks was helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jamie,

There shouldn't be a limit of outgoing packet size from the app.  What is receiving the webhook?  Power Automate, Integromat, another system?

0 Kudos
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

I created my own handler with a web service on our servers.... I'll try connecting it to Integromat and see if the JSON is trimmed there.

0 Kudos
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

Found the issue, our company Web Application Filter (Barricuda) was cutting the JSON the number of Keys was exceeding the maximum limit set.  Our information technology department updated the setting and working as expected.  Thanks James Tedrick‌.  Finding out that there wasn't a limit with regards to the JSON in Survey123 webhooks was helpful.

0 Kudos